COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Donster

Wednesday

Morning all. 16F under overcast skies with 6F wind chill. Patchy early drizzle. Mostly cloudy. Winds out of the NW at 10-20 MPH. High of 18F.

Morning y'all, partly cloudy skies and 34F.  Expecting increasing cloudiness and a high of 50F, slight chance of afternoon or overnight rain.

Our patchy drizzle occurred overnight apparently. I soon discovered when I was taking the recycling bin out that it had froze and everything is covered with a nice glaze of ice. Our driveway is very steep, and it is now a ski slope. Not realizing it was icy, I slid down the driveway with the bin in front of me, and as it hit the bottom of the drive it send me assholes and elbows over the bin. It was a fun ride going down, but I'm sure the judges gave me really bad points on the landing. Wrenched the hell out of my back and left shoulder. Was able to make it back to the garage by using my neighbor's long steps that go to the street along her driveway. Glad she has that, or I would have had to go through the front yard, which is about 3 feet deep with snow, not to mention the drift I would have had to go through. Got my winter boots on with my Yaktrax Traction Cleats on so I could get the trash bin put out and then salted my driveway, my neighbors and our sidewalks and steps. Should be fun taking Lottie to work this morning.

winterfrickinsuckssign.gif

I am so over Winter.. Heading to Minnesota next week.. Blah! happy it's hump day, working second shift this week messing with my sleep and nap patterns!

On 2/27/2019 at 12:38 PM, cobraj said:

I am so over Winter.. Heading to Minnesota next week.. Blah! happy it's hump day, working second shift this week messing with my sleep and nap patterns!

I think Minnesota has been having a tough winter too.

10 hours ago, Stans said:

I think Minnesota has been having a tough winter too.

Yes, yes they are.