Technology fail, or Do Scots really speak English?

Stans

Too funny, but I remember one of my anatomy professors in dental school.  He was right off the boat from Scotland.  He always claimed to be speaking English, but to this day I'm still not convinced.

Don't own one.  Don't want one.  The whole concept of "smart" appliances and electronics makes me gag.  For the average person maintaining a simple network is complex enough.  Adding all those gadgets simply makes your electronic environment impossible to secure.  In theory it can be done, but in practice?  We have literally millions of PCs running constantly with little or no security.  Hardly anyone knows how to secure their cell phone.  Mikew is right.  Why should we willingly pay big bucks to provide hackers with free access to our homes?  Forget the government.  They're always behind the power curve on technology.  No government has the money and expertise available to provide the monitoring capability feared by various conspiracy groups.  Hell, North Korea had to essentially close the country in an iron ring in order to even approach that kind of oversight.

I'm in the process of hard wiring my network, mainly because Cat6 cabling is faster than wireless.  It's also more secure.  Only my iPad and my wife's cell phone will be wireless.  And those I can secure.  Well, my wife won't let me "secure" her phone, but at least she isn't doing any financial stuff on it.

I can walk to the refrigerator and see if I need any milk, thanks just the same.  :)

OG