Pepsi 400!

JClark

Leaving in just a few, to go to the Pepsi 400, being run at the hallowed halls of Daytona! I live just 90 miles away, so it's a down and back thing for me. Taking the son-in-law and grandson (his first race!).

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!

Boats

Sure hope Boats took a boat, looks like it might come in handy.

Yah, had next best thing: ponchos and a cushion for my sore ass. Race didn't start till 10:30, three and a half hours after the planned start. But boy, howdee! What a hell of a race! Smoke had a car no one could beat, and he had no intentions of letting anyone stay in front of him long. I was right by the two big wrecks of the night, and the CRUNCH of all that expensive sheetmetal was awesome, as was the thunder of the engines doing 180mph, the smell of that 110 octane, and the sheer power of 37,000 hp going by you in the blink of an eye. Got to see two pair of F-15Cs doing the tightest turn I've ever seen a aircraft do...literally a 180 inside a 300 foot diameter. I had no idea they could turn that tight....and that loud! Burners wide open, and 50 feet of yellow flame coming out the cans! Then the B1-B flybys! Right up to the raceway, and BOOM! ROAR! All four burners kicked in, and long lances of fire came out the rear..AWESOME!

Great race, no one had anything for Smoke, who would not be denied the checker, and Dale Jr. seriously got his act together, going from 33 to top 10 in less than 30 laps, and contended all night long after that. Mark had a helluva car too, and would have had at least a top five, if it weren't for a wreck, which happened right in front of us :o

Boats, who is tired, but happy :thumbsup:

d'ya think those F-15 boys were doing some serious grunting through those turns!

You ain't kidding...a corner a hundred yards across, wings at about 80 degrees, burners on, speed brakes out, a 180 to a level roll out, then a 80 degree climb out of sight in about 5 seconds (low cloud level, but impressive nonetheless).

AWESOME! The race too! :D

Boats