I finally started playing

63bTnARNG

I just have a twist joystick for rudders with a little flappy switch on the side for the throttle. I really need something better. Welcome to the Pacific Fighters club!

Start chanting ...one of us...one of us.. Feel free to email the skipper if you are interested in joining us at 124th. We have not been flying so much this summer so far, but before you know it we will all be stuck in doors and flying again. We fly the early model corsair 1A if you want to practice.

one of mine! one of mine!

this boy going to fly for Japan side! You know what 63bTnARNG? Do not let these tricky boys make you join them squadron VMF-124. You become one of the student of Master Ronin! Ask these boys how Ronin is most fearsome the area they fly! :lol:

Also Ronin as very the "cool dude" B)

Guys, what are the minimum system specs for PF? I don't care about all the itsy bitsy details, I just want to know what I need to mort that loud mouth Nip. If I can get the details worked out, and figure out how the PF Corsair matches the characteristics of the real one, I'm going to show old rice-head about fighting in the veritical with something that's got as much horsepower as the bent wing gull. You ever get into a good vertical rolling scissors, Ronin, with someone who has a better velocity vector than you do? Get that sickening feeling when you feel your controls start to get sluggish, while your opponent is still flying, and you have to either tip your nose over with the last bit of control you have, or go into a complete tail first stall? And you know that no matter what you do, you are meat on the table?

Boats, who is thinking about reaching into his desk drawer, and polishing his his Wings of Gold, and re-reading the AARs of Lts Thach, Flatley, and Cunningham.

BTW, guys, how do you think a sled like the Phantom in Vietnam, that could run like hell, but couldn't turn inside your average state, end up waxing nimble jets like the 19, the 17, and even the Mig 21? I'll give you a hint: don't ever, never, get into a turning horizontal fight with that Nip, because that Hamp will have you for lunch.

JClark it would be great if you joined the gang too. The PF Corsair is pretty damn real now with the new flight model. You can go by the book on trim, supercharger and stall specs. :thumbsup:

For practical specs I think 512 MB RAM and a 1.8 Pentium 4 with a graphics card from the last couple years or so should get the job done but you can't go wrong with higher specs of course. You can play it with less too but it may not be worth bothering with. and a 56k modem will get the job done too.

Bear in mind that we use the merged install, which means you'll also need Forgotten Battles and the Aces Expansion Pack. Shouldn't be too much hardship though; they're probably in the bargain bins by now. :)

JCLARK,

Here are the specs:

Windows 98/ME/XP/2000

Processor Pentium III or AMD Athlon 1 GHz

512 MB Ram

Video Card 64 MB

DirectX 9 or higher

Sound Card DirectX 9 compliant

1,1 GB Free Hard Drive Space

Multiplay : Broadband Internet connection

Works great on my 1.5 GHZ Athlon

Guys I flew with less. I flew with a 320mb, 90 mb video card and all. It can do it if you want it too. I may not have the super good pictures like yawl do, but i aint missing nothing either.

Now if someone wanted to donate a new computer or used faster one I could always use it.

JClark you think of joins the wrong side!

I don't care about all the itsy bitsy details, I just want to know what I need to mort that loud mouth Nip.

What becomes a mort? Only detail you boys have is Ronin is you boss the Pacific area! Heh heh heh you going to needs the good computer and three year of practice to have a chances! Also you funny hat going a blow away when the open you glass area call a canopy!

If I can get the details worked out, and figure out how the PF Corsair matches the characteristics of the real one,

Yes it a very slow the place and has a bad fights feature! I saves you this trouble of work out! You need Hamp, Ki-84, and in this following logic.

I'm going to show old rice-head about fighting in the veritical with something that's got as much horsepower as the bent wing gull.

Twice times the horsepowers but not have a twice speed. Half the turn abilities and!

You ever get into a good vertical rolling scissors, Ronin, with someone who has a better velocity vector than you do?

Hmm! this as depending on saved or retained energy state of Corsair this plane has less loss. This is a possibility if this Hamp pilot is not see you. Ronin always see you come. Superior climb ability always defeat you! Vertical fight is the joy occasion of Ronin! Hamp is master of turns up down left right. Hamp not care this is because always master!

Now one a question is this: why you boys keep a sign up theme of USA?