Just saying hey

Red

Between Guild Wars and Mount and Blade we have some great RPG's to play , i am at this moment hunting around to find a copy of Temple Of Elemental Evil , a old title but based on a AD&D model from long ago , a module i have played when i was young , along with a lot of others , hense my interest in RPG's .

Speaking of Mount and Blade i have noticed a few things of interest in the game which i shall share with you all , and hopefully you can expand on them , when in combat wheather in the arena or in the wild have you noticed that you can "corale" for the better use of the term your opponents by simply staying one side of them and moving in on them , they will always break in the oppisite direction , if you are using bows it's a great way to get a head shot in as they are unpretected by sheild and the armour seems a little weaker in the back (sound a little cowardly mabey , but when your tangling with Dark Knights the rules go out the window)

Money is something im wondering about as well , at the moment i have tons of gold but nothing to spend it on .

If you have any old RPG's laying around and you think that their ok post em here so we can all try im out if there still around or in the bargin box for a few bucks

With Guild Wars i think Schatten and the Skipper will be posting teasers and updates until i get my copy and this roof get's finished

Red

I played the original Temple of Elemental Evil back in the Old Days too Red. That was a great module, I didn't know there was a computer game of it out, I may have to look for that one. :D

I also loved the old original AD&D super-modules, for lack of a better word, like Against the Giants and The Pits of the Slave Lords, that were 3-4 "normal" modules with a theme all rereleased together as a big old huge one. I think my all time favorite AD&D modules though were Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (the one with the spaceship) and the original Ravenloft, that was a creepy module to go through.

As for Guild Wars, yep I'm sure when the Skipper gets back and starts playing again he'll have more to add about it. I've played a ton of online RPGs, everything from the original EQ to Anarchy Online, to Dark Age of Camelot to Star Wars Galaxies and thus far I'm very, very, very happy with Guild Wars. It has much more depth than those other ones did and it just plain rocks. :thumbsup:

I played the original Temple of Elemental Evil back in the Old Days too Red. That was a great module, I didn't know there was a computer game of it out, I may have to look for that one. :D

I also loved the old original AD&D super-modules, for lack of a better word, like Against the Giants and The Pits of the Slave Lords, that were 3-4 "normal" modules with a theme all rereleased together as a big old huge one. I think my all time favorite AD&D modules though were Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (the one with the spaceship) and the original Ravenloft, that was a creepy module to go through.

As for Guild Wars, yep I'm sure when the Skipper gets back and starts playing again he'll have more to add about it. I've played a ton of online RPGs, everything from the original EQ to Anarchy Online, to Dark Age of Camelot to Star Wars Galaxies and thus far I'm very, very, very happy with Guild Wars. It has much more depth than those other ones did and it just plain rocks. :thumbsup:

I still have the original module of the slave lords Schatt its great to flick thru them sometimes also the Blood Stone Pass , brings back memories of late nights early mornings and more coffee you could poke sticks at. :D

Yeah I still have all my AD&D books, modules, etc. here in boxes...hell some of them are on shelves to be read from time to time even. I never really liked the 2nd edition much, have a lot of the books but it seemed a jumbled mess to me, and the 3.0 and 3.5 just make me go "ewww", but that old style AD&D still makes me grin. I even made sure that when my DMG got stolen in college I went and found one of the first covers so my set matched. ;)

Plus I have the 1st printing of Dieties and Demigods, the one with Cthulhu and Elric in it pre-lawsuit. My grandma picked it up for me when she went on a trip, had no clue what it was or how rare it would become but didn't remember me having it so bought it for me. One of the best impulse buys ever by my grandma I must say! :D

Cfran , thanks for the offer mate , but until i get the new roof and gutters sorted out and a few extras , im going to be up to my nose in stuff , will let you know later on but , we can sort out details then

Cheers

Red