Friday

Donster

Morning y'all, overcast skies, wet, and 65F this morning.  Today is a red alert weather day.  It will be cloudy today and the high will be around 76F, but around noon thunderstorms arrive.  The storms this afternoon may bring heavy rain, lightning, and winds gusting to 40-60 mph.  Tornadoes are a definite possibility with these storms.  The soil is already quite soft from earlier storms, so expect downed trees and power lines.  Showers and thunderstorms expected to continue through tonight, making this a prolonged event.

2 hours ago, Donster said:

Tornadoes are the Devil!

Yes, they are, and what better weapon to have against the Devil than God?  I prayed and watched the weather radar.  The storms moved into Virginia, following a NNE course.  I watched the tornado warning popping up, some confirmed, some just rotation seen by radar.  As the storms approached central Virginia, they parted.  Yes, the bad storms and tornado watches were to my south, west, north, and east, but all I got was a decent rain and one burst of wind that dislodged a handful of leaves from the trees.