Damn its cold here

Red

-3.5 thats the coldest its been for about 15yrs , i know i said i like winter but sub zero temps are just plain stupid , its only just broke into positive temps and its 9.37am , coldest winter for as long as i can remember.

Well I learned something. I always wondered if summer was cold there or if they just made it winter for the southern hemisphere.

ROFLMAO!!!

-3.5 (C?) in winter. If it was that in the dead of winter here I'd be in my burmuda shorts and sleeveless shirt.

:crocodiledundeevoiceon: -3.5 ain't a winter. -35, now that's a winter :crocodiledundeevoiceoff

:lol:;):)

Australia is not a fun place to be when it gets even a teensy weensy bit cold, and I'm from Canada. See, it's like this: at least in Canada our houses and clothing and everything else is designed to handle extremely low temps, but in Oz, they aren't set up for it, so I'm sure they are suffering even at -3.5 C.

One of the most memorable and miserable times of my life was when I was in the Snowy Mountains of Australia. I had a bit of a cold that turned into a serious case of the flu because I couldn't get warm...the dampness made the cold temps even worse, and the home I was staying in had no heating and no insulation. It was brutal!

So don't let these crotchity buggers make you feel bad, Red... I live further North than any of 'em and I feel your pain. I'd rather stand on the corner of Portage and Main in Winnipeg on a -50 C day in January all bundled up in my winter gear than be in Australia on a -3.5 C day standing in a pair of shorts and a singlet.

:D

Second that Paddles. I used to live in Maine and I feel just as cold here in Britain in the winter. The insulation and so on makes a big difference but dampness is the big factor. Maine was really dry in the winter and I could go to -0 temps comfortably-ish. Here it is cold even above freezing.

I got -32 F as my coldest. Canuck that is nuts!

Well the temps are up because its raining so that good , on the other hand my new roof has gutters but no downpipes so they are filling fast , ringing the builders tommorow to tell them im drilling holes in the ends of the guttering so the water doesn't overflow back into my house.

And Canuck thats just insane , im geting another hot coffee to warm me up after reading that :P

My coldest day was -46c/-51f in Edmonton. Luckily it was a dead calm day. With "windchill" I went thru a -67c/-89f day.

Conversely, my hottest day was 44c/111f in my hometown of Windsor Ontario, which holds the Canadian hot day record of 52.7c/126.9f.

Winnipeg is probably one of the toughest places to be as they regularily get extreme cold winters and hotter than hell summers. It's that continental climate thing.