COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Donster

Emmy-winning Actor Rip Torn has Died

wow would never know that was him from 12 oclock high photo. I know I saw that episode. loved that show when I was a kid. My Dad watched with me and always tore it apart for any inacccuracies. He flew in a B-17 as a tail gunner!

My wife hates it when I rip apart a movie or tv show and expose all the inaccuracies.  Sorry to hear of Rip Torn's passing. :(

14 minutes ago, Stans said:

My wife hates it when I rip apart a movie or tv show and expose all the inaccuracies.  Sorry to hear of Rip Torn's passing. :(

Lottie gets mad at me when I do the same thing. It's the only time I get to irritate her on my own terms! :D

23 hours ago, Donster said:

Lottie gets mad at me when I do the same thing. It's the only time I get to irritate her on my own terms! :D

Just be careful, a man's got to know his limitations.

25 minutes ago, Stans said:

Just be careful, a man's got to know his limitations.

Don't I know it.

sometimes you just cant help it.. how many war movies have you seen when airplanes are attacking. the planes will be japanese, but the stock footage is US Dauntless dive bombers. must have seen that clip a hundred times in as many movies!

20 hours ago, cobraj said:

sometimes you just cant help it.. how many war movies have you seen when airplanes are attacking. the planes will be japanese, but the stock footage is US Dauntless dive bombers. must have seen that clip a hundred times in as many movies!

I know exactly what you mean.  Or the camera zooms in for a cockpit shot of the pilot, he's in a Hellcat cockpit, but the squadron is flying Wildcats as the Hellcat has yet to enter service.  Korean War footage substituted for WW II shots.  Incorrect aircraft markings.  The list goes on.  This is one area where CGI can be of great use.  Well done CGI is far better than trying to use incorrect historical film footage for recreating aerial scenes.

somewhere there was a dive bomber pilot that was in lot's of movies and he didn't even know it!