Friday

Donster

Morning all. 69F under overcast skies. Heat index at 69F. Light showers made it more humid overnight. Today we will have gradually decreasing clouds and breezy in the afternoon. Winds out of the SSW at 10-20 MPH with higher gusts. High of 85F.

Morning y'all, clear skies and a cool 64F.  I'd like to have all the windows open during this cool spell, but the a$$hole behind me has decided to use this nice weather to burn out tree stumps, so the neighborhood has that distinct, burning wood odor and a little blue fog.  Expecting today to be partly cloudy with a high of 87F.  Gutter guards are done and I am minus rail and decking on the front porch. 

38 minutes ago, Stans said:

I'd like to have all the windows open during this cool spell, but the a$$hole behind me has decided to use this nice weather to burn out tree stumps, so the neighborhood has that distinct, burning wood odor and a little blue fog.

He obviously is a cheap bastard too. It's better to have a stump ground down. It isn't that expensive, at least out my way it isn't. Plus our city won't allow the burning of stumps. The only fire you can have is, other than a charcoal grill, is a small fire pit. Unfortunately, the friggin' hippie that lives behind me burns wet wood in his fire pit at least once every week in the summer. When there is no wind, it drifts right over to my house. So we have to keep the house closed. 

I live in the subdivision that is adjacent to his.  There is a green barrier between all of the subdivisions around here.  He removed his barrier in violation of his covenants and restrictions.  His subdivision board did nothing.  He has a habit of open burning leaves, limbs, and even trash.  This violates county ordinances regarding burning within a residential area.  He also burns during state-wide burning bans, violating state law.  I have called the police twice regarding violations of county ordinances and state law, I called the fire department once when he used gasoline to start a fire and had the gasoline can sitting next to the fire.  All of my calls ended the same way.  With fire officials and police officers pointing directly to my house and everyone having a good laugh.  This guy is retired from the navy and now retired from the sheriff's department.  He can do whatever he wants.  If his fires get out of control and damage other people's property, then the insurance companies can sue him, but otherwise, he is a former law enforcement officer and, as such, he can do as he pleases.

21 hours ago, Stans said:

I live in the subdivision that is adjacent to his.  There is a green barrier between all of the subdivisions around here.  He removed his barrier in violation of his covenants and restrictions.  His subdivision board did nothing.  He has a habit of open burning leaves, limbs, and even trash.  This violates county ordinances regarding burning within a residential area.  He also burns during state-wide burning bans, violating state law.  I have called the police twice regarding violations of county ordinances and state law, I called the fire department once when he used gasoline to start a fire and had the gasoline can sitting next to the fire.  All of my calls ended the same way.  With fire officials and police officers pointing directly to my house and everyone having a good laugh.  This guy is retired from the navy and now retired from the sheriff's department.  He can do whatever he wants.  If his fires get out of control and damage other people's property, then the insurance companies can sue him, but otherwise, he is a former law enforcement officer and, as such, he can do as he pleases.

Well that sure sums up the problem. That sucks.