Baltar is Back!

Joker

Damn Lee you beat me to it, I was going to post something right after I was done putting up my Guildwars screenshots.

Pay extra for it Stans. Trust me. :D

Not only does it start again tonight, 10 PM EST, but the DVD set of the first season is coming out on July 26 (finally) and only available at Best Buy. Appearently it's the UK boxed set, which has been out since March, formatted for North American DVD players.

DVD Boxed Set

As a side note...I really, really hate region encoding on DVDs. I mean really.

Oh and the miniseries doesn't come with the DVD set so if you want all of the new Battlestar you have to buy that seperately. Which I've already done, it's been out since April I believe here and you can find it just about anywhere that sells DVD...except Wal Mart. Which I find very odd.

No problem. Took me forflippinever to track down when and where they were coming out. I've only been waiting for them since about 2 minutes after the closing credits of the final episode of the season.

I actually have the TV Guide with the season two tease info in it...but haven't looked at it. I mean I want to...but I just can't yet. The only thing I did see as I flipped really really fast looking at the pictures through the article is that yes there will be a Commander Cain.

Wooo! The Pegasus had the right idea, at least in the first series, can't wait to see what they do with her in this one. The Living Legend remains my favorite episode of the original series to this day. Lloyd Bridges just rocked. Period.

Whoever they get (I didn't read it just saw Commander Cain Returns in big print) has some bigass boots to fill.

:thumbsup:

I wonder if there is some sci-fi channel streaming media option for the net. Like Shoutcast TV. I'd like to see it.

Imagine being named after a guy by your buddies and you don't even get to be in on the joke. :)

It's definately playing on some Brit channel Brian because the production company is half-British, it's one of those "in cooperation with" dealies. And the show is primarilly shot in British Columbia, which should surprise no one really. So you should be able to catch it over there.

Also when it aired here there was a web commentary feature they advertised but I don't remember what it was, if they say anything more about that on tonight's episode I'll let you know.

But really man, England is the easiest place in the world to get the whole series on DVD, so just go do it. Either rent it or buy it or go over to your sword wielding friends' houses and watch it. But just do it. Trust me. :D

Hey Lee, speaking of lists did you catch Firefly yet?

It's even better than Battlestar Galactica. Which is saying something because I love Battlestar, Firefly I love just that bit more. :D

Oh and also on your list, Boondock Saints, did you get that one yet either?

Hey Lee, speaking of lists did you catch Firefly yet?

It's even better than Battlestar Galactica. Which is saying something because I love Battlestar, Firefly I love just that bit more.  :D

Oh and also on your list, Boondock Saints, did you get that one yet either?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got Boondock Saints! Great flick, really cold and remorseless, but in a good-natured, theological sort of way. :thumbsup:

Firefly came with this week's Netflix shipment, so it's on the schedule for this weekend ....

Woo!

Can't wait to see what you think of it. I watched the whole boxed set over the course of two days, got it on a Friday at around 2 PM, started watching it. Went to bed after watching it straight through until I couldn't stay awake anymore, then woke up and watched the rest. :lol:

And yeah the Boondock Saints really is a multilayered film, it's friggin' hillerious and then you stop and think about what they're doing and have to decide whether or not you think it's right or wrong. Pretty interesting. Plus Billy Connolly just plain rocks and Dafoe should have gotten an Oscar. :thumbsup:

Schatten,

I don't have any of the satellite channels and I don't watch enough TV to justify the cost right now...guess I'll check it out on DVD some time. I might be able to get my mother in law to tape it though :thumbsup:

They changed the opening credits, I like. :thumbsup:

As soon as those Maori drums kicked in last season I had to look away not to catch bits from "tonight's exciting episode" now I don't have to. The fact they're using the beginning of the theme written for the show and not the middle is good too, I like it, very haunting. Last season was the middle to end of the theme playing at the beginning of the show.

I know this because I found the whole theme on the net, very good stuff.

And even before the first commercial break there's already been a WTF moment for me. That's good TV. :thumbsup:

Firefly Rocks big time , can't beleave they cut it off just as .............. and could you beleave when..............decided to ..................and everyone had to see..........and..........finally...............wh

t a way to leave a top rate series :thumbsup:

I know Red I know...but trust me, the movie will help those feelings. :thumbsup:

And Baltar, no the theme isn't anything like the old one. Which I happened to think was great. This one is great too but in a different way. The old Battlestar theme was definately '70x sci-fi as a whole reduced to music, big, loud, over the top but good. This theme is eerie and haunting, which is appropriate for the theme of the show.

The new Battlestar Galactica is much, much darker than the original. Which makes sense when you figure that 99.9999% of humanity was wiped out. There are many scenes in it, especially right after the Cyclon attack that are very reminiscent of the immediate post-9/11 in feel. So the theme music fits the actual theme of the show in my opinion.

Or something like that.

"Baltar is back!"

You sounding so excited!

Have a secret for you: Baltar not good pilots ability!

"Ronin is back!"

:thumbsup:

This is the celebration! B) Ronin brings the tide of detruction with mighty Hamp and superior Japanese intelligence!