COMBATSIM Forum
mikew

Weekend music thread

2 hours ago, mikew said:

Not sure how much I'll be able to participate, but let's start it off...

I really enjoyed that song.  I'm one who does not have to have lyrics if the melody is pleasing to the ear.

2 hours ago, mikew said:

What was that?  Have you been hanging out with Herr Fick?

1 hour ago, mikew said:

Classic, pre-Phil Collins controlled Genesis, but at the point where on-stage theatrics were overshadowing the music.

This is the best I can do right now, pretty well sums things up at the moment.

Thanks for the critique! I try and mix it up a bit, but it's always 'sitting in front of the PC' type stuff.

I'm noticing a bit of a theme in your choices, so in the same vein...but also a bit of retaliation for not liking my second song: :rofl:

If only I worked from 9-5.  It's been more like 0600 to 1800 at the office, plus on-call after hours.  My day off was shorter, only 0900 to 1500.

2 minutes ago, Stans said:

If only I worked from 9-5.  It's been more like 0600 to 1800 at the office, plus on-call after hours.  My day off was shorter, only 0900 to 1500.

:(

Working on straight commission, I worked up to 12 hours a day easy. Plus every other Saturday all day. Have to do what you need to do to put a roof over your head and support your family.

Okay boys and girls, lets go back to 1966. I was eight years old, and my next to the oldest brother Jim would play The Beach Boys every morning before leaving for school. My oldest brother Dick, who used to wake me up every morning playing Elvis and Buddy Holly, was in 1966 away at Boot Camp after joining the National Guard.

In 1970 my brother Jim joined the National Guard and my sister Patti took over the stereo after he left...

22 hours ago, Stans said:

Classic, pre-Phil Collins controlled Genesis, but at the point where on-stage theatrics were overshadowing the music.

Always thought Genesis was more than the sum of its parts, but I'd guess the most 'control would come from Tony Banks.

Strangely, Tony Banks is the only one that I can't think of anything they've done outside Genesis apart from the early drummers.

15 hours ago, mikew said:

1970? Brother?

Yep. :)

I liked Genesis. Is Phil still performing on his own?

In the mean time, how about a big hair stadium band...

I thought Genesis were excellent from 1970 (Trespass) to 1983 (Genesis) despite the change of personnel and style. After that, meh...

The peak for me was 'Selling England by the Pound'

Anyway, looks like we're back to hair bands. :D

1979 REO Speedwagon. One of the few hit songs that Kevin Cronin didn't sing. Written and sung by bass player Bruce Hall...

It's Sunday, I'm tired, I now have a cold, and although still on-call (as usual), it's unlikely I'll have to work today.  Next week is going to be another killer week, so I'm chilling this Sunday.

Good  songs!

Has there been a sudden epidemic of periodontitis in your area or something?

The best I could do at short notice...from the days when the art of music video making was in its infancy.

Oh, yeah, the early music videos that attempted to be artistic or to tell a story.  Some were good, some were bad, some were just freaky weird.

Not the "official video", but it does accurately fit the song.

Hmmn, cashing in on an unfortunate event there.

Unfortunately, I can't think of any more songs with 'Sunday' in the title, so here's 'Blue Sunday'....in Finnish. :)

Unfortunately, I do not speak Finnish, but my Dutch is okay, as you can tell by my recent performance in a tv commercial.

Let's go ahead and roll this biatch into Monday...

Rest in Peace Karen Carpenter...

Good stuff. I wondered what happened to the girl that inspired that Boomtown Rats song and it seems she's still banged up after 40 years.

Monday, what should I do, Mamas & Papas?, Bangles?

No this, for sentimental reasons: