New Dr. Who.

geg

I've been watching it on and off (because I can never seem to get control of the TV at all) since it started over in Australia about 2 months ago. Tonight was a veeerrry creepy episode (I thought anyway) set during a German air raid in 1941, and the zombie like people. Gas masks have always freaked me out, in a way. Just the look I spose. Spooky. I think this new series is very good. The new Doctor is great :) Just my opinion though.

They had the Dalek episode a couple of weeks ago :D That was certainley cool. Then Simon Pegg as "The Editor" was awesome. He was deliciousley evil. But jolly, too, which was strange but cool.

Anywho... B)

I've been watching it on and off (because I can never seem to get control of the TV at all) since it started over in Australia about 2 months ago. Tonight was a veeerrry creepy episode (I thought anyway) set during a German air raid in 1941, and the zombie like people. Gas masks have always freaked me out, in a way. Just the look I spose. Spooky. I think this new series is very good. The new Doctor is great :) Just my opinion though.

They had the Dalek episode a couple of weeks ago :D That was certainley cool. Then Simon Pegg as "The Editor" was awesome. He was deliciousley evil. But jolly, too, which was strange but cool.

Anywho... B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's definitely a new lease of life in the series by Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper; they work very well together.

It's a shame Eccleston only did one series, but it's also a shame that something new is about to be brought in which should have been left out. I won't go into details like spoilers, but the only controversial part of Doctor Who was, and should have remained its ability to get small (and some not so small :D) children watching the television from behind the sofa.

Confused? keep watching. Despite what I think was a mistake by the programmes' producers, it's still very fine quality television, head and shoulders above most of the dross which has been produced in the UK recently.

Just something else not available in most of the States.  But we have more CSI's than you can shake a stick at!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me and Sue like CSI, in all of it's variations, but we can't quite figure something out.

Discovery of minute pieces of evidence is cruicial to an investigation, so anything which will help reveal the slightest detail should be used.

So with the sun blazing outside putting out enough light to, well, light up a planet, why do they insist on closing the blinds and wandering around with little torches? :unsure:

Me and Sue like CSI, in all of it's variations, but we can't quite figure something out.

Discovery of minute pieces of evidence is cruicial to an investigation, so anything which will help reveal the slightest detail should be used.

So with the sun blazing outside putting out enough light to, well, light up a planet, why do they insist on closing the blinds and wandering around with little torches?  :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess to get complete and direct light onto what they're looking for, and not missing anything while they're standing in the way of the suns rays?

I guess to get complete and direct light onto what they're looking for, and not missing anything while they're standing in the way of the suns rays?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There you go, putting logic into it... :rolleyes:

The new Dr. Who was pretty interesting for a TV series. Some of the monsters were very odd! There were some big green clawed muscular teletubbie like things called "Slovines(?)" that really were pretty freaky. :ph43r:

Heh I saw one episode of CSI where they recovered a 22 bullet that had been fired...they claimed they could tell the barrel had been placed in a vice and cut off by the forensics. Forensics can match a barrel to a bullet but I don't think they can do that. :blink:

If you did crush the barrel so much with the vice that it could deform the bore, the gun would still produce a round bullet since it turns on the way out and would get squashed back to round at the end of the barrel where it was hanging out of the vice. Not to mention you would have to REALLY crank on a vice to crush the bore! And bullets tend to get a little bashed up when they hit stuff...

I don't think the writers are ex-detectives exactly. :)

Actually I think we can blame the Brits for reality TV in part, didn't it start over there, get decent enough ratings that the US execs jumped all over it and have bludgeoned us to death with them? Pretty sure that's how it happened. Brit shows often get remade or rethunk for US audiences...

...but we shall never, ever, talk about the US version of Men Behaving Badly. Ever.

I don't know who started it but we have plenty of reality shows here. :(

"Big Brother" is probably the worst offender and it seems to be on all day.

Actually I think we can blame the Brits for reality TV in part, didn't it start over there, get decent enough ratings that the US execs jumped all over it and have bludgeoned us to death with them? Pretty sure that's how it happened.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This, from the nation that gave the world "Barney". <_<:D

Ah, "Men Behaving Badly". It worked so well because we all saw ourselves doing one or two of the things that the lads did.

Or in my case, most of, including a bean-powered jacuzzi.