COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Donster

Never Forget 9-11-2001

I'll never forget exactly where I was standing and what I was doing when the report of the first aircraft hitting the World Trade Center came over the local radio station.  At first, I dismissed it as being a small aircraft lost in fog colliding with the building.  It would not have been the first time something like that happened in NYC.  When the report of a second aircraft hitting the opposite tower, I knew that something coordinated was happening.  Then the Pentagon was hit.  I ordered appointments for the remainder of the day to be cancelled and closed the office.  I went home and turned on my big color tv.  It was big for the time, a 27 inch CRT type.  I sat in disbelief as I watched the images, the footage, and the live coverage of the collapse of both towers.  America was changed in one day.

Today, 18 years later, it was another day at the office.  Uneventful at the office, the news of the day fairly mundane.  I rushed home tonight, picked up my wife, and we went to a large, community even honoring those who gave everything on September 11, 2001, our military, and our first responders.  It was a moving event, plenty of patriotic music, and it was a great salute to those who served and still serve our communities and our nation.