Wednesday

Donster

Morning y'all, was there some sort of forum upgrade last night?  My most used emoticons are now relegated to a huge assortment of all sorts of emoticons.  Clear skies, 38F, expecting sunshine and 55F today. 

I'd say "happy new year", but I know that today is not a good day for some.  I was awakened at 0558 by the sound of two sirens and flashing red and blue lights on my street.  I saw two police officers rush into the house across the street from me, one carrying what looked like a small Igloo cooler.  A few minutes later a fire truck and ambulance arrived, EMS crew entered.  Then a couple more police officers and a sergeant.  The EMS crew packed up and left, then two county forensics officers arrived, then a forensics officer from an unknown agency arrived plus 2 detectives. 

Nearly four hours later and a black van arrived, a covered body was removed from the house and placed into the van.  There was a heroine overdose at that house about 2 months ago, I'm guessing perhaps there was another and this time it was fatal.:(

Yes, Happy New Year to you all/youse all/y'all (delete as appropriate). :)

We had a police helicopter sweeping the area overnight as well. Turns out someone got shot dead...almost certainly drug related, but on the supply side.

The 'recently used' emoticons seem to have been reset with the new year. Don't know why, as I haven't noticed much difference from last year.

just had that happen in our small town Mike. A 20 year old executed his girlfriend because she aborted his baby.. usually it is the other way around. shot her dead in her car in her mothers driveway when she was on the phone to her

We are definitely on the same path as the great societies in history.  They all rose from nothing, grew, flourished, became corrupt and died.  It is my opinion that we have been in the corruption stage for quite some time and are now entering the final stage.

23 hours ago, Stans said:

We are definitely on the same path as the great societies in history.  They all rose from nothing, grew, flourished, became corrupt and died.  It is my opinion that we have been in the corruption stage for quite some time and are now entering the final stage.

Sad but true. :(