Sunday

Donster

Morning all. 27F under clear skies with 15F wind chill. Partly cloudy. Windy. Winds out of the NW at 15-30 MPH with gusts to 40 MPH. Warmer. High of 42F.

Car shopping yesterday and picked me up a used 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport AWD with just 13,000 miles on her. Lottie turned in her Nissan Maxima as her lease was over. She finally admitted she finds it to difficult to get in and out of a sedan with her bad knees. She will take over driving my 2019 Nissan Murano AWD, and I will drive the used Santy.

2017%20Sante%20Fe%20Sport.jpg

Hyundai? Nissan? :o

Apart from reliability, comfort, styling, economy, value for money and probably performance, I don't see the advantage over a proper car from Ford or GM. :rofl:

Maybe I need to re-evaluate what I imagine a typical US street to look like...

Oh, about 30F, rising to about 33F

Morning y'all, clear skies, 36F and falling, 56% humidity, and the same old crappy looking, clear coat failing Honda CR-V here.  Expecting sunshine and a high of 50F, quite normal for early January.  Not expecting to buy a new vehicle as our governor has announced he want to re-institute the vehicle tax, raise fuel taxes, raise lots of taxes so that he can fund free healthcare and free college (regardless of citizenship) and firearms confiscation.  I so love living the State of Virginia South New York. <_<

Our GM and Ford dealer in town are arseholes and their service departments suck. We did look at and drive a 2020 Ford Edge, but we didn't want to shell out the payments on a $40,000 car. We decided to go the used route at $20,000, and save $200 plus a month on a payment, not including the lower cost insurance.

2 hours ago, Donster said:

Our GM and Ford dealer in town are arseholes and their service departments suck. We did look at and drive a 2020 Ford Edge, but we didn't want to shell out the payments on a $40,000 car. We decided to go the used route at $20,000, and save $200 plus a month on a payment, not including the lower cost insurance.

My mom just bought a brand new Ford Edge, V6, automatic, but no rear wheel drive or sunroof.  Hers was $31,000 and they gave her $1500 for her CR-V that had nearly 190,000 miles on it and a starter that tended to not crank as it was in need of replacement. 

Hyundai and KIA, as I understand it, have 10 year/100,000 mile warranties and they will last 10 years or 100,000 miles.  After that, I have heard that they start developing issues which can be difficult and expensive to troubleshoot and fix.  Personally, I'd like to have a 1972-1977 Ford F100 or F150, carbureted engine and no catalytic converter, but I did like Ford's electronic ignition as it was pretty much bulletproof.  Too bad the truck bodies of that era tended to rust out, but Ford seemed to be better than GM when it came to rust.

Yeah Stans. 10 year 100,000 Engine and Drive train warranty that was transferable to the new owner, along with the rest of the bumper to bumper warranty of 5 year and 60,000 miles. For $500 I extended the bumper to bumper warranty out to 10 years 100,000 miles. Can't get that with a new Ford or Chevy. I despise Chevy/GM anyway.

I'd take a 70's Ford F-150 any day. I bought a new 1977 in 1977. Put the AC in myself. Damn good truck. 1970's Chevy's had a real rust out issue with the box. My Chevy dedicated older brother had to have the rust fixed on his Chevy truck twice in a 5 year span.