COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Maine 3rd

My belated yearly check in.

Hows everyone doing and whats everyone playing now if anything? I've been doing a little IL2 with most of the WW2 addons. It's about as close a a modern equivalent to EAW as anyone has done so far. I'm hoping that Normandy help. 

I'm a mere youngster here, but was it you that recommended 'Off Armageddon Reef' as decent reading material some years ago?

hello Maine, 

half my family lives in Maine now. Wiscasett and Woolwhich. I have a place in Starks, all working at BIW. my place is across from Harry Browns farm.

Hello Maine!  It's been a long time.  I retired from combat, been occasionally flying in FSX, but not much of that anymore.  Hope you are well.

Hey Cobra. I live Phippsburg just south of Bath so not to far from them and just retired from BIW after 32 years. I remember you saying you have a place in Maine.

Donster and Stans I just started with IL2 again. The Bodenplatte add on finally got it to where it felt right to me. I keep trying DCS every once in a while but it is just too blah so far.

Other than that it has been mostly Red Orchestra 2 Vietnam for games though my son just recently got me into War of Rights which is a civil war fps. It's in beta right now but it doesn't suck and there will definitely never be any run and gun in it.

I've been spending time been keeping up my very small collection of mostly WW2 rifles that I like to shoot but the cleanup after is a little tedious.

BIW for 32 years, you might know my son-in-laws Dad Harold Hinkley. both my daughter's work there and their husbands

The name sounds familiar but I was on 2nd shift for the last 14 years so there are quite a few people who I don't know. I know a Nick Hinkley but I don't know if he is related.

Nick Hinkley is my son in law. he races in wiscasett speedway. 

Yep and he does very well too. Track champion last year. He worked with my wife before she retired last year so we have to go watch him race a few times a summer lol.

Arrrgghh.... It livez!!! Katzenjammer!! Gif me zhum uf zhat injekzion az vhell!! Herr Raptor--- Mizzed you!  (But ich haf more bullitz left to try!)!

Zhame here- IL2 iz not EAW...... unt after zhum MSFS unt X-Plane 11 now drivink truckz fur ein livink...

Haf guut vhon!

ER

6 hours ago, Edwin Rommel said:

Arrrgghh.... It livez!!! Katzenjammer!! Gif me zhum uf zhat injekzion az vhell!! Herr Raptor--- Mizzed you!  (But ich haf more bullitz left to try!)!

Zhame here- IL2 iz not EAW...... unt after zhum MSFS unt X-Plane 11 now drivink truckz fur ein livink...

Haf guut vhon!

ER

Greetings, Rommel!  Nice to see you posting here as well.

give me heads up if you got to Race, would love to hang out! yeah Nick is a good race driver!

Harummmppfffffff--- Zhe Ekpnomick Kollapze kauzed by zhe Ami'z..... now vhe haf to be drivink zhe European Trucken Zimulatorz....

5 hours ago, Edwin Rommel said:

Harummmppfffffff--- Zhe Ekpnomick Kollapze kauzed by zhe Ami'z..... now vhe haf to be drivink zhe European Trucken Zimulatorz....

You're welcome! :D

Rommel demoted to truck driver, taking supplies to the Eastern Front. Then bringing back the wounded. Next they will make him a cook!

I wonder if Rommel could set me up with a good ww2 era K98 Mauser for my collection? Now that he's a truck driver he could even deliver it.

His demotion might have been the result of his "straightening the lines" one time too many.

Bloody hell!  Maine and Rommel on the same thread!

I suspect evil warlord doings.

OG

15 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Bloody hell!  Maine and Rommel on the same thread!

I suspect evil warlord doings.

OG

Fick?

Oh, you said warlord, not whorelord. :lol:

Just received a report that the power went out here in zee bunker this morning, so I thought I'd stop by to see if all was well.

Lo and behold, I see a thread with Maine and Rommel.

No wonder the fuses blew. :unsure:

I'll let myself out.

10 hours ago, The Dude said:

Just received a report that the power went out here in zee bunker this morning, so I thought I'd stop by to see if all was well.

Lo and behold, I see a thread with Maine and Rommel.

No wonder the fuses blew. :unsure:

I'll let myself out.

Who was that masked man?