Falcon 4.0: Allied Force

SF Phantom

Yep,

Got it, played it, am having lots of fun with it.

This is the latest installment of Falcon 4. It includes a "clickable" cockpit, where every switch and knob in the jet is setable with your mouse from the 2D cockpit views. You don't have to do that, there are still keyboard presses available, but it's very cool. This is about as close as you're going to get to a proceedures trainer without joining the Air Force.

This is a new commercial release of the old game. If you've been into Falcon at all lately, it has become very sophisticated with all the user added mods, but it has been confusing and somewhat unstable, especially for multiplayer. F4:AF takes the best of the mods and gives us a stable, easy to intall game that is a new baseline that gives everyone a common game. I've heard of 12 player coop missions now running smoothly, something that in the past would be near impossible.

Some still prefer the old modded version, SP4, BMS, FF3 on and on, and F4:AF still has a few problems, but Lead Pursuit seems to be commited to making this the best that it can be.

If you're into jets at all, this is the only way to go.

Geez, that really sounded like a commercial, didn't it? I should get paid for posts like this. :lol::lol:

Agreed Neddie!

I got out of it in mid-2001, as I was weary of the patch/add-on shuffle. it's good to be back,

and it runs quite well. I even found the area I tiled back in 2000 for the Balkans expansion,

which is quite a hoot.

Looks like there may be a patch by the end of the week, which will make the MP even more

robust, but I have yet to try it. Some people are saying good things, but most of the BlitzPigs

are propeller heads...

Any of you guys want to review F4: AF for the site?

The Skipper, who was our Air Combat editor for the site, has his hands full with real life these days, so a review (or six) would be great to have.