Lost my best friend today

Red

It is a sad day , my constant travelling companion has left me for for good , we traveled partied and picked up girls together , yes i'm talking about my 1987 VL Commodore , the best car i ever owned , sold today for the meager sum of $1500.00AUS , since we got the new car we don't have the room or money to keep three cars so it's been sold to a young guy who is off to university and needs some wheels , his dad is going to fix it up , needs to have some rust taken out and new shockies and mabey suspension , but the motor is A1 and will sit on 120khm's no worries at all , So i will be a little down in the dumps this week when the new owners come and pick it up .

Red

Several, I guess it's been seven or eight now, years ago I sold my 1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport. I still miss the car that got me through most of college and a lot of nights cruising around and having a good time.

Ok this is my 1987 VL Holden Commodore

100_1440.jpg

And this is my new car which is a 2003 Mitsubishi Magna wagon with all the bells and whistles on it

100_1441.jpg

Hey Stans had a 72 Gran Torino Sport as well...I hated to sell it but had to go to school.

I went from that to a Fiat 128! my souped up Ford was a chick magnet!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL! Hard to pick up chicks in a Fiat 128 while your pushin' it eh Jay!!! :lol:

Hey Red, I hate to tell you this, but your steering wheel is on the wrong side!!! ;)

Mitsubishi, yeah, good company, aren't they having problems with lagging sales and little or no profits?

FIAT... Fix It Again Tony. <_<

My Torino was a bit of a chick magnet too. Usually the wrong kind of chicks, but hey, I was young and single. ;)

Mitsubishi, yeah, good company, aren't they having problems with lagging sales and little or no profits?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your right. They are in deep doo doo financially. They got burned big time awhile back trying to jumpstart their sales by offering 0% interest, no payment for a year, no down payment. The kicker was they lowered the standards so just about anybody could walk into a showroom and qualify for a loan. They have been reposessing cars ever since. Not to mention the fact that, at least in the states, their vehicles are overpriced and butt ugly, except for the Eclipse.