Saturday

Donster

Morning y'all, overcast skies and wet.  Temperature is now down to 55F, slowly falling since a high of 89F was recorded at Casa de Stans yesterday.  Expecting a cloudy day with temperatures slowly dropping, the mercury should bottom out around 41F tomorrow morning.  Self-isolating from physical contact with the outside world this weekend.  Hopefully, there will be some good news next week.  We need some good news.

Ventured out to the grocery store this morning. They, like many others across the country opened at 7AM for one hour for 60 years and older, those with high risk health issues and pregnant women. I was tenth in line. Went directly to the TP location. Not a roll to be had. Rest of the store pretty well stocked though. Tons of beer. I was amazed. Beer is usually second on the "have to have" list after TP. Then it's cigarettes. :D

6 minutes ago, Donster said:

Ventured out to the grocery store this morning. They, like many others across the country opened at 7AM for one hour for 60 years and older, those with high risk health issues and pregnant women. I was tenth in line. Went directly to the TP location. Not a roll to be had. Rest of the store pretty well stocked though. Tons of beer. I was amazed. Beer is usually second on the "have to have" list after TP. Then it's cigarettes. :D

A lot of stores now have a policy of the first hour of operation being limited to seniors, the disabled, and those who have health issues that put them at high risk.  TP around here is hard to find.  Last week, my wife was out for some things, TP not one of them, and saw a cross-over type vehicle completely packed with packages of TP.  Hoarding only leads to shortages and denying someone who really needs these things from obtaining those items.   All stores need to implement a policy of no returns on the items being hoarded.  This will have two effects.  First, the hoarders may think twice about buying things they don't actually need.  Second, it can prevent items that have been handled by someone with a transmittable disease from being put back into the general population.

3 hours ago, Stans said:

A lot of stores now have a policy of the first hour of operation being limited to seniors, the disabled, and those who have health issues that put them at high risk.  TP around here is hard to find.  Last week, my wife was out for some things, TP not one of them, and saw a cross-over type vehicle completely packed with packages of TP.  Hoarding only leads to shortages and denying someone who really needs these things from obtaining those items.   All stores need to implement a policy of no returns on the items being hoarded.  This will have two effects.  First, the hoarders may think twice about buying things they don't actually need.  Second, it can prevent items that have been handled by someone with a transmittable disease from being put back into the general population.

Well said. Stores need to put limits on the amount of items too. I like your idea of no return policy. 👍