COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rodger Bilko

Tuesday! (Well it is here)!

1.07 am. 

I was given a nudge and reminded of my old chums here and with the world upside down and people either getting sick, dying or going insane, right now was as good a time as any to pop in and say hello. 

I hope you all are looking after yourselves and each other.

I’m still in Belfast. Still bluffing my way through life and not much has changed. I’m reminded of how delicate the balance of life is with all that is going on now. 

I’ve had a few scary moments mentally, but I’m still here (unfortunately for some) and still trying to figure things out.  

I’m still into military history and for the last few years I’ve been riding over to France and Belgium visiting the battlefields of The First World War on my old 1964 Lambretta. I even managed to ride the Western Front from top to bottom and cross borders into Switzerland and Germany (no sign of that swine Rommel)!

If anyone’s interested, I’ll post some photos and Relevant information. All fascinating stuff and it takes up a lot of my time researching it. 

As of tonight, the UK (including Northern Ireland) is on lockdown. We’re only allowed out for essentials. All shops that don’t supply essential foods & medicines have been ordered to close. Cafes, bars and restaurants are also closed down. This whole thing is surreal and I’ve heard many say that it feels like they’re in a movie. 

i dearly hope you’re all keeping well and taking extra precautions. 

I still think of our madcap days at the turn of the Millennium and the get together at Maine. I still tell people of the trip. I’ll never forget it and I’ll always remember the good guys of Combatsim. (Except Rommel, he’s a git)! 

Toodlepip!

Morning y'all... and Bilko?  Glad to hear you have been getting along ok and still researching military history!  Things are getting pretty crumby here in Virginia.  We do not have a large Covid-19 problem by any stretch of the imagination, but our governor just put the entire state on a 30-day shut down of non-essential businesses.  In another week, maybe two, I think most of Virginia will be on the unemployment dole. :(

It's partly cloudy this morning and 42F.  Expecting a partly cloudy morning and total overcast this afternoon with a high of 61F.  More rain late tonight and into tomorrow.

Morning all. 36F under overcast skies. Mostly cloudy. Winds out of the SE at 5-15 MPH. High of 49F.

Good to hear from you again Rob! Have missed you old friend! Would really like to see some of you photos of your travels to the WWI battlefields! We are on lock down here in Iowa too. Only essential businesses are open. Grocery stores, Pharmacies, gas stations, banks and go figure, liquor stores. So far the number of people diagnosed with Covid-19 here in Iowa has been very low.

laptop back online. Great to see you Binky! please post photos, they are amazing. we are in lockdown here in Massachusetts only essential travel for food, booze, medicine, gas.. 

16 hours ago, cobraj said:

laptop back online. Great to see you Binky! please post photos, they are amazing. we are in lockdown here in Massachusetts only essential travel for food, booze, medicine, gas.. 

Taco Bell drive up is open, that explains the gas emitting from Jay!  :D 

i am afraid to go to Taco Bell.. the employees there always have looked sketchy!

9 hours ago, cobraj said:

i am afraid to go to Taco Bell.. the employees there always have looked sketchy!

That and what the hell is "taco meat"?  When I go to one of the local Mexican restaurants, the meat is either beef, chicken, or fish, they do not have a mysterious "taco meat".

4 minutes ago, mikew said:

LOL!!!!!  100% rat or 90% rat and 10% filler?  Filler being dust, dirt, lint, turd.