Maritime Assault -- story posted

Old Guy

Heh. Command of local geography?

It's called a 'map', Archie. :P

No, really, I appreciate the compliment. I've traveled and lived in enough different locations, courtesy my Great Uncle Sam and my own wandering feet, so that I can visualize how an area might look, given the local road network, topography, etc.

A trip to various mapping and geographical sites does wonders, of course. For this tale I even found pictures of the local area in question. One showed the crab factory, with the bay in the background. From there I just make stuff up.

Sometimes I miss completely, but -- Hey! -- it's a work of fiction. Right?

Note: That 'work of fiction' thingmie is the writer's one-size-fits-all cop-out. Fiction writers, that is. I don't know what excuse Maureen Dowd uses.

:rolleyes:

Jim

I'm a budding fiction writer myself. Would you be interested in seeing some of my work? Here, I'll just write some fiction, I'll make it out to "cash" and the amount will be..... how's $75,000 sound to you? See, I've written some fiction!!!! :lol::lol:

Jim: You would be amazed about how many Canadians know bugger all this province , let alone folks from the U.S. so it's quite refreshing to read something about my little corner of the world that sounds right ( even in a work of fiction )

A final note.....if you ever get a chance to go to Black Tickle ...... SAY NO ! It is truly the MOST desolate , miserable spot on earth :blink:

Cartwright on the other hand has a decent hotel and is a great spot to start a hunting or fishing expedition.