COMBATSIM Forum
will01quinn

EF2000 Reloaded Tiald Slew - Thrustmaster HOTAS X

Hi

Thanks for all the effort to whoever has developed EF2000 reloaded.  In 1995 I was too young (13) to really appreciate the intricacies of the game but now I'm really enjoying it.

Unfortunately I've run into a slight problem.  I have a Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X which works great.  I've started trying some of the ground bombing missions and that's when I realised I couldn't Slew the Tiald marker.  The arrow keys on my keyboard simply change cockpit views (MFD and Warning displays), pressing the right shift and arrow has no effect.

Here's what I've tried so far

1. it used to work before I had the joystick (on the joystick I mapped the hat to 'F' view buttons like padlock)

2. I've tried just using keyboard without joystick again - in this case the arrow keys are still view buttons and I can't fly the plane with the keyboard

3. in Ef2000 game folder I deleted ef2000.cfg and forced a new config in which I configured keyboard not joystick

4. I deleted the dosbox appdata conf and mapper files and did a re-config through ef2000 reloaded. - no change

5. turned Numlock off and on - no effect

What I'm running it on:

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 with Win 10 Pro

Docking station

External surface keyboard with touchpad ( I also use a USB extended keyboard on it's own in case the surface keyboard was the issue)

Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X

Thanks for any further advice anyone can offer.

I’m not sure what the issue was but I ended up deleting ef2000 and ef2000 reloaded.  I reinstalled everything and loaded in my old joystick mapper file and everything is now good