COMBATSIM Forum
ajthenoob

TAW Campaign - "DENIED"

Hello,

First off I'd like to thank the team that modernized TAW with all these skins and patches! I do have one question about how the campaign works, however,

In EF2000, you can create and join any type of mission from the start. But it seems in F-22 that you have to slough through b*tch work before you can do the cool stuff. Everything, even some campaigns, are "DENIED" to me. Is there any way to skip that process somehow? It's very time-consuming.

Yes, go to the '!ADP/cheats' folder where you installed TAW2.30 and follow the instructions in the text file 'cheats.txt'

1 hour ago, mikew said:

Yes, go to the '!ADP/cheats' folder where you installed TAW2.30 and follow the instructions in the text file 'cheats.txt'

THANK YOU! How after all these years have I not even messed with this... Now I can actually start a campaign! Which campaigns do you recommend, and any advice?

Urgent Shield and Outcast are both good starter campaigns.  I don't recommend Highland; the missions are easy, but the objectives weren't properly tested and it's very difficult to win without taking bombs against barracks regardless of your fragged mission.

Might I also recommend Avenging Scimitar, Earnest Resolve, and Stranglehold.  Despite being level 5 campaigns (only because of where they were added in the table), these aren't designed to be that difficult.  Rather they're designed for you to fly realistically so you don't need to engage targets of opportunity or carry huge loadouts to beat the campaign.  I built these myself, and I really enjoy Scimitar.  It has some interesting dynamics with neutral nations and shifting alliances.  Earnest Resolve and Stranglehold are the same scenario, but flying for opposite sides.