COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Stans

Sunday

Good Saharan dust storm morning y'all.  Partly cloudy and hazy skies this morning as the Saharan dust cloud is making its presence known across the southern half of Virginia.  We are under a code orange weather alert for particulates in the air, which can make breathing difficult for some.  Expecting increasing cloudiness this morning, a cloudy to mostly cloudy afternoon with a 15% chance of scattered showers or thunderstorms.  The current temperature is 72F and today's high is expected to be 89F.

I was up just a bit after 0600, seasoning some steaks for the grill this evening.  Correct, I don't just throw a little salt and pepper on them a few minutes before they hit the grill.  In order for dry seasoning to penetrate meat, it must be on the surface of the meat for at least an hour.  The denser the meat, the longer it takes and for me, steaks take the better part of a day, maybe even overnight.

1 hour ago, Stans said:

I was up just a bit after 0600, seasoning some steaks for the grill this evening.  Correct, I don't just throw a little salt and pepper on them a few minutes before they hit the grill.  In order for dry seasoning to penetrate meat, it must be on the surface of the meat for at least an hour.  The denser the meat, the longer it takes and for me, steaks take the better part of a day, maybe even overnight.

Good morning all. 69F with 100% humidity, heat index at 69F with fog. Hot and humid conditions and the threat for showers and storms at times today. High of 86F.

Only steak I get in my house is tube steak, with Oscar Mayer on the label. Or Ball Park. Or Hebrew National. Beef of course. No chicken or tofu dogs for me.