COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Donster

Saturday

Morning all. 70F under clear skies with 100% humidity. High today will be around 87F and it’ll be fairly humid with dew points in the upper 60s, and heat index of 95F.

Morning y'all, slept in because I was up until midnight watching the History Channel production of "Grant".  Very interesting and well done series about Ulysses S. Grant's life and service to the Union. 

Let's see, we have humid, hazy skies with some light, wispy clouds and 76F.  Expecting mostly sunny skies to shortly after noon, then partly cloudy skies, a high of 91F, and a 20% chance of late afternoon and early evening thunderstorms.  Maybe the chance of storms will drop before all the fireworks displays this evening. 

I'm not sure what we are celebrating.  No one is allowed to attend this year's fireworks displays.  You can watch them from afar, or perhaps your residence will be in view of them, or you can see them on the television, but no one will be allowed to actually attend.  I know it's July 4 and I should be happy and in a celebratory mood, but can someone tell me what I am to celebrate on this particular fourth day of July?

22 minutes ago, Stans said:

but can someone tell me what I am to celebrate on this particular fourth day of July?

Well, if you hadn't been so hasty with that independence nonsense in 1776 and remained a part of England, you'd be celebrating the pubs reopening today. :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8489197/England-braces-pubs-reopen-Super-Saturday-fears-6am-mayhem-calmed.html

1 hour ago, mikew said:

Well, if you hadn't been so hasty with that independence nonsense in 1776 and remained a part of England, you'd be celebrating the pubs reopening today. :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8489197/England-braces-pubs-reopen-Super-Saturday-fears-6am-mayhem-calmed.html

Many places here in the colonies have reopened pubs, which we colonials call "bars".  Unfortunately, many are now closed again.  Here in Virginia, the pubs never reopened, they are carry-out only, and restaurants that also have a bar are required to keep the bar closed. 

Does anyone know what today really celebrates?  Apparently some, but not that many.