COMBATSIM Forum

Just spoke to Donnie on the phone.

He's healthy and occupying his spare time watching episodes of Gunsmoke and Combat! on his satellite service (about the only thing connecting him to the outside world).

His Internet is still out and may not be re-connected for some time.

He may be able to get in here to say hello in the next little while using his phone as a hotspot, but he's trying to conserve his data for essential stuff---not they y'all aren't essential to his well being, but priorities, eh. lol.

Here's to hoping we see him on these boards sooner rather than later :thumbsup:

Ach Himmel-- zho he iz OK-- Ich vhoz a bit vhorried zhat zhe lazt V2 vhe zhent hiz vhay might haf aktually vhorked az dezined unt not intended....  Glad to hear it.... zhorry- haf to go .... vhe haf ein shoutink match mit zhe ANTIZA goink on....

4 hours ago, Edwin Rommel said:

Ach Himmel-- zho he iz OK-- Ich vhoz a bit vhorried zhat zhe lazt V2 vhe zhent hiz vhay might haf aktually vhorked az dezined unt not intended....  Glad to hear it.... zhorry- haf to go .... vhe haf ein shoutink match mit zhe ANTIZA goink on....

Hey Rommel!  Nice to see you here again!  Hope all is well.

12 hours ago, The Dude said:

Just spoke to Donnie on the phone.

He's healthy and occupying his spare time watching episodes of Gunsmoke and Combat! on his satellite service (about the only thing connecting him to the outside world).

His Internet is still out and may not be re-connected for some time.

He may be able to get in here to say hello in the next little while using his phone as a hotspot, but he's trying to conserve his data for essential stuff---not they y'all aren't essential to his well being, but priorities, eh. lol.

Here's to hoping we see him on these boards sooner rather than later :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, Home Fries said:

Good to hear, though I figure he's hoarding the bunker to himself.

I was also thinking he was in the Babe Bunker, keeping all of them to himself.   Glad he's ok, hope he gets internet back soon.

Hello all! Using my phone as a Hotspot to login today. I have a limited data plan, shared with Lottie, so we are getting close to our limit already this pay period. So trying to stretch what I have left.  

25 days since the Derecho storm, no internet yet and the cable company says it may be the end of the month until service is restored.  The storm itself had 100 MPH sustained winds, with the highest gust reported at 140 MPH. It lasted about 40 minutes. Estimated 23,000 trees downed or so mangled they have be cut down. 60% of the cities tree canopy gone. I guess we may no longer be a Tree City USA anymore. Over 200 commercial, apartment and private homes destroyed. Just about everyone has roof damage or siding missing. 

Our Condo Association had two units with trees that fell on them. Every unit lost shingles. I lost some and ended up with water in the computer room. The Babe Bunker survived with no damage. I've got the babes working on the clean up, just to keep them in shape. 

Lottie has been stuck out at her sister's place for five weeks now. Will be home this Sunday, as her employer decided early this week to allow those with no internet service to go into work at one of their office buildings downtown. Once we get service back then she will go back to working at home. Corona virus the reason. 

Kudos to the power company, they got crews in from all over the Midwest and I had power back after 5 days. Most within 8 days. 

See you all soon and hopefully with internet service  CSIM can return to normal. 

2 hours ago, Donster said:

See you all soon and hopefully with internet service  CSIM can return to normal. 

Return to normal? I was unaware we ever were "normal". lol.

Stay safe, buddy :)

19 hours ago, Donster said:

Hello all! Using my phone as a Hotspot to login today. I have a limited data plan, shared with Lottie, so we are getting close to our limit already this pay period. So trying to stretch what I have left.  

25 days since the Derecho storm, no internet yet and the cable company says it may be the end of the month until service is restored.  The storm itself had 100 MPH sustained winds, with the highest gust reported at 140 MPH. It lasted about 40 minutes. Estimated 23,000 trees downed or so mangled they have be cut down. 60% of the cities tree canopy gone. I guess we may no longer be a Tree City USA anymore. Over 200 commercial, apartment and private homes destroyed. Just about everyone has roof damage or siding missing. 

Our Condo Association had two units with trees that fell on them. Every unit lost shingles. I lost some and ended up with water in the computer room. The Babe Bunker survived with no damage. I've got the babes working on the clean up, just to keep them in shape. 

Lottie has been stuck out at her sister's place for five weeks now. Will be home this Sunday, as her employer decided early this week to allow those with no internet service to go into work at one of their office buildings downtown. Once we get service back then she will go back to working at home. Corona virus the reason. 

Kudos to the power company, they got crews in from all over the Midwest and I had power back after 5 days. Most within 8 days. 

Holy cow!!!!!  You had hurricane force destruction.  Glad that you and Lottie are ok.  Property can be repaired, possessions replaced, but life cannot be replaced... although Elon Musk is working on that.

Stay safe, we'll keep the lights on for you.  You know, the 11-watt appliance/decorative bulbs The Dude puts into all the light fixtures in the offices here.

17 hours ago, The Dude said:

Return to normal? I was unaware we ever were "normal". lol.

Stay safe, buddy :)

Normal?  You must define what normal should be and specify either pre-COVID or post-COVID era.

On 9/3/2020 at 12:06 PM, Stans said:

Hey Rommel!  Nice to see you here again!  Hope all is well.

Ach Herr Stanz-- been a terrible 2018-2020. Had to komme back to Sud Afrika in 2018 after Philippines kompany vhent bankrupt.... not been able to find vhork zhinze... but hangink in zhere unt plannink mein nachstes Vhorld Dominzaion Kampaing...

You not kommink zhiz vhay zhometime?? Mein tooths dezperately needz vhork unt Ich haf no money fur it! 😔 

3 hours ago, Edwin Rommel said:

Ach Herr Stanz-- been a terrible 2018-2020. Had to komme back to Sud Afrika in 2018 after Philippines kompany vhent bankrupt.... not been able to find vhork zhinze... but hangink in zhere unt plannink mein nachstes Vhorld Dominzaion Kampaing...

You not kommink zhiz vhay zhometime?? Mein tooths dezperately needz vhork unt Ich haf no money fur it! 😔 

I am very saddened to hear of your financial hardship and having to return to South Africa.  No, I won't be going to SA anytime soon and not likely to ever be on the other side of the giant pond.