U.S. military finds chemical site in Iraq

Donster

But remember Stans, Iran only wants to enrich uranium for peaceful purposes to help with their rising energy needs.

:rolleyes:

This of course being the same Iran that is sitting on one of the world's largest crude oil deposits as well as the world's largest natural gas deposit.

:unsure:

As for the chemical thing Donnie it doesn't surprise me at all. The only thing that surprises me is that it took them this long to re-import chemicals back from Syria.

Makes you wonder what else is sitting in Syria with a return address of: Saddam Hussein, Baghdad, Iraq. :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quite a bit, at least according to satellite pictures and Mossad. They ID'd 3 sites in the Syrian desert where convoys went from Iraq in the week or two prior to the war. But the Syrians say nothing came through and no one is pressuring them to let anyone look, sooo...

:rolleyes:

As for the chemical thing Donnie it doesn't surprise me at all. The only thing that surprises me is that it took them this long to re-import chemicals back from Syria.

Or Iran, or both. Doesn't suprise me either. It's not a secret that Zarqawi wants to use this kind of stuff.

There is much rattling of the sabers, even from the Europeans.

All talk...no action. I would be surprised if ANY Euro nation did anything other than sanctions. None of em have the balls. Unless the US does most of the work, money, troops.

Or Iran, or both. Doesn't suprise me either. It's not a secret that Zarqawi wants to use this kind of stuff.

Yeah and/or Iran. The thing that never ceases to amaze me is that Zarqawi was in (head of?) Ansar Al-Islam, which was a terrorist group encamped in eastern Iraq even before the war started and yet people seem surprised that he's been able to do such an effictive job at organizing terrorist attacks in the country. Well hello, he's been planning this sort of thing for years, Saddam didn't object to him being there either, you don't just bring a couple hundred armed men into a dictatorship and set up camp without permission ya know? It always makes me wonder if Saddam didn't know that sooner or later we'd be coming, and that's why he set up the Fedayin and allowed Ansar to hang out there, sort of like the German Werewolves, with the notable distinction that these guys actually followed through after the government collapsed.

Another thing to remember is that Ansar Al-Islam were involved with the planned Ricin attacks in England that were foiled and that Zarqawi was the resident Al Queda chemical weapons expert in Iraq even before the war. So that's doubly dangerous because not only has he proven he's willing to use chemicals by being involved with the Ricin plot, but that he has the technical know-how to employ them when and if he gets his hands on them.