Americas Army.

Whizkid

Just wondering if any of you are playing AA on a regular basis. If so, which map do you prefer,and what is your nom-de-plume. I play nearly every evening,and thought it might be nice to team up if possible. I prefer "Urban Assault" and play as "marinero 1". Let me know if anyone's interested. Maybe we could put a CSim Squad together.

Whizkid, let me practice up and I'll probably join in some time.

I've been playing Operation Flashpoint a lot since you can customize the hell out of it and I like that, but AA is really well done.

Let me know when you're ready Baltar. It'll have to be on Pacific time I guess. Maybe send me an e-mail and we can set it up.

whizkid, I played it for over a year and it is a great game with one major problem. There are too many players using "cheats". You will spawn and from 1000 yards out, someone will hit you with a shotgun or pistol. Sometimes you will hit them dead on with a 50 cal and they don't go down as they are in a "GOD" mode. About a year back, they lost numerous players because of this. Hopefully it is better now, maybe they have stopped the cheats somehow. Other than that problem, the play is great.

whizkid, I played it for over a year and it is a great game with one major problem.  There are too many players using "cheats".  You will spawn and from 1000 yards out, someone will hit you with a shotgun or pistol.  Sometimes you will hit them dead on with a 50 cal and they don't go down as they are in a "GOD" mode.  About a year back, they lost numerous players because of this.  Hopefully it is better now, maybe they have stopped the cheats somehow.  Other than that problem, the play is great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True enough,there are some hackers in the game,but they seem to get dumped pretty fast. I was wondering why some of the opposition get me with two rounds,when I've been blasting for about five minutes with a SAW and they're still there!

AA is a cool game. I havent played it in awhile but I'm willing to give it a shot again. I'm not too good at it but I'm a body to make the server abit more full if you want. I only have lvl 14 experience.

whizkid, they were calling them aimbots before.  Just means that they don't miss...ever.....

That is what was killing the game, the cheaters. :angry:

The Army was trying to reprogram parts of it so "Cheats" can't be used.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting how you adapt as you play. I used to always go to "Burst" with my M-16 and spray the landscape wildly hoping to get a lucky shot. Now I stay on "Single" and aim much more carefully. I would guess I get eight out of ten kills,now,instead of three out of ten. Takes a little more nerve,I guess,to stand and not panic!