Oh what a great day

Shepherd

I was awakened at 5:30 by the sound of lawn mowers, two of them and two weed whackers too. The business down the street, one I loath was having their lawn mowed. I went out and asked what they were doing so early mowing and they were rather rude with a nice threat and words. I called the law. Deputy Dog came out and told me that he knew every law in the state of GA. But he couldn’t tell me what the noise ordnance said because it was 12 pages long. Further more he said there was nothing wrong with them men out early in the morning trying to make a living.

Then I go to my church website to make the daily devotional log. It has been hacked and comments about death placed in it. I am waiting for it to be taken down and repaired.

Oh it is a great day thus far.

That is ridiculous to be out that early in the am. Especially on a Saturday no less. I'd be callin' the city first thing Monday morning to find out what the noise ordinance is, since Barney didn't have a clue.

Sorry about your website being hacked too. :(

Well Shep, your day is definitely off to a rocky start! Around here you aren't supposed to make loud noises between 23:00 hrs and 07:00 hrs, violaters are warned first, then fined for subsequent infractions. But, that does not keep some from pushing the limits by starting up at 06:30-06:45 or making noises until 23:15. You see, around here the responding officer must be the witness to the infraction, otherwise, it never happened. I live in a big county, it usually takes an officer 30 to 45 minutes to respond to a non-emergency call.

what kinda business is it?

Yeah you got me wondering that too.

I used to live in an apartment under a bunch of Mexican immigrants and their rides would pick them up real early by honking their horns right outside the building. They'd always be gone in a minute or two so I just put up with it for months. But every morning at about 5:00. HONK HONK HONK. I had enough one morning and went out in my bathrobe and the guy apologised, but come on, surely he knew it would bother people. All I can say is, you might as well not put up with it, if you do it won't go away and they will just think they can do it more. Good luck with the law.

I'm curious,Shep. How was your approach to these guys about the early hour? Did you sound pissed-off,and a bit aggressive,or was it in a reasonable tone,just expressing your concern about the early hour? I had a similar situation a few months back,and figured that "Softly,softly, catchee monkee" was a better approach than confrontation. Turned out I was right,as I received a letter of apology from the Landscape Company owner,and I talked to the mower operator a week or so later who said that he usually gets people screaming at him if he starts too early,and thanked me for my courteous approach. Didn't offer to mow my lawn for free,though!

It's a junky Dollar General store the whole neighbor boycotts because they are such bad neighbors.

I went up and was calm and asked if they could come back at a better hour, and they told me to shut the F**** up and go back to bed. I said excuse me and he said move or get ran over by the mower and if I didn't like it to call the law. Being the greatest pacifist that I am, I did not evoke anger and went and called the local Barney Fife to come help.

I must say I admire your self-control! Sounds like he was a real a####hole who hates everybody. I suppose you don't have a dog that could express its appreciation several times on this guys lawn,do you? I could lend you mine if you like!