China to attack U.S. with biological weapons

Donster

Well we know we are in trouble when McDonalds pulls out of China. No two countries with McDonalds in them have ever been at war.

I checked Urban Legends web site and they have nothing on it,so I assume it's genuine. The language seems very strange,though,but maybe it's because of the translation. Any Intel types in our club who can comment on this speech?

I didn't read the entire thing but skimmed it, especially what was right before and after the highlighted text, along with the highlighted stuff and in my personal opinion it's legit. That's typical ChiCom wordsmithing there, especially the racial overtones and the pragmatic athiesim thrown in. Chinese military journals for at least the past 15 years have referred to the US as the "Main Enemy" and have always maintained that Taiwan would be nice to kick around but that doing so would involve a war with the US.

Since a war with the US was a given for any "liberation" of Taiwan the fulcrum shifted from Taiwan being the primary stategic focus to the focus being ways to defeat the US. Given that they think a war with us would be inevitable it follows that even if Taiwan were the cause, and a war with the US were the effect, then planning for the effect rather than the cause would be logical. You have to remember these guys think very long term, so 15 years ago they ramped up the idea of fighting the US and if you add in the 5-10 years that the General here is talking about then that's a generation (in Asiatic draftee terms). For the Chinese that's extremely short term but to Westerners that's a geological epoch.

The Chinese have always believed, and the speech hits on this, that they can get a good deal of technology from the West and use it against us. But that either we'd wise up to the fact or they'd hit a techology barrier that they couldn't muscle through. Right now they know they're a bit behind us in a lot of things, but since they know that the gap is only getting wider now as opposed to contracting as it was in the early to mid-90s, they figure a short term "generation" is all the time they'd have.

So yeah, in my opinion not only does this seem like a real speech but also fits exactly into how the Chinese could, would, and probably are, seeing a timeframe for war against the United States. Logically for resources and living space Siberia would be their best bet, but they know that as annoying as the Russians are we wouldn't let a Chinese invasion of eastern Russia stand and would get involved somehow as surely as we would against an invasion of Taiwan. Since they're pragmatic they're figuring to take a page out of Barney Fife's book and nip it in the bud. We're the country that most scares them in a military sense so they'll want to take us out first before going after anyone else.

And if they have to take us out first then they figure they may as well go for the hard six and try to actually invade and take over...seems crazy, but it does make some sense. The Chinese are building real amphibious transports now, if they realise they have to use WMDs to neutralize the US then it makes transporting troops easier since there's a more relaxed timeframe involved from when the weapons impact and when they'd feel the need to move. Look at what the blackout did to the US a few years back, that was just a blackout and it shut half the country down, now imagine what would happen if WMDs were used, they'd have all the time in the world to land troops because there'd be no real rush.

So...yeah I can buy it. Whether it's 100% legit I can't say, but it sounds like Chinese military speaches I've seen and it's perfectly logical from a Chinese point of view, skewed as it may seem to us.

We're going to wind up throwing down with them sooner or later, time we realise it. People now shake their heads at how people in the mid-30s couldn't see what the Germans were planning because Mein Kampf pretty much spelled it out in black and white, I just hope people in 2065 don't look back at us and shake their heads wondering why we didn't pay attention to stuff like this.

But that's just my opinion, and we all know what opinions are like. ;)

Ya, I've heard such grumblings before, so it probably is for real.

But China has it's share of morons. Though it's true that things will come to a head between China and the USA, the methodology is insane.

Bio weapons are a fools game. Notwithstanding the fact that they can backfire, they are much too slow to kill if a virus or bacteria, or if chemical, much to difficult to predict realistic results. Either way, it'll leave the USA far to much time to react and incinerate China. Given that their population and infrastructure is extremely dense, they stand to loose far more heavily. They won't need more living space.

And Russia at there back door ................ ?

And then there's the USN. China has a very very long way to go there. Far too far. Any fast build up there will serve as warning. Basically China would be advertising there punch, and I'm not so cynical to believe no-one will see it coming and not react.

So far as methodoly goes, this is alot of hot air. Just scoring some political points.

By the current rate of economic expansion it has been predicted that in 15 to 20 years China and India are expected to be the dominant powers. But that's at the current rate.

India. Now there's a wild card eh.

The next big war will likely be economic, not physical.

China has a fast growing "middle class", who have become used to the perks of the 21st century. No longer do you see pictures of thousands of Chinese running around in Mao jackets. Now, they copy Western clothing and hair styles. China MUST keep the so-called proletariat happy, or at least satisfied, to remain in power. What is driving this booming economy, is trade with the US. They'd be the worst kind of fools to shut that door. Do they think they could snap up Taiwan, or the Spratly Islands on the cheap? Maybe. Do they think they could take on the US and walk away without a significant portion of their infrastructure destroyed? I rather doubt it. Get a map of China out, and you'll see that aircraft carriers hold at risk virtually every large or important Chinese city, with but a few exceptions. Could China hurt the US? Sure...but who would rebound faster, and who would end up a second rate country in the world?

Boats...who ain't as dumb as he looks...well, almost :thumbsup:

If China truely plans to attack the U.S., I think now would be the time to do it. Our forces are stretched around the world and stretched pretty thinly at that. The problem as pointed out, is that China is so far from the U.S. Back in the days of WW II the Japanese used a storm system as cover for the attack fleet heading towards Hawaii, but today you just cannot hide a fleet from satellites. So the fastest way for them to attack would be with missles, but there again, we would see them and have about 30 minutes or so to launch a counter strike. The Chinese are bound to know what we still have in the way of ICBM's. In this era, it would be suicide for a super power to launch an attack against another super power nation. Even the Soviets knew it.

China's best bet is to criple our economy and buy our land and businesses. They just tried to buy one of our major oil companies, but thankfully the share holders refused the tons of extra money offered by China.

If the Chinese wanted "living space", logically, they'd go for the closest, biggest place. IE, Russia. If not, the former Soviet states on their border, Korea or Sub Continent.

But that's speaking as a complete fool gamer who'd attack my immediate neighbour in a game if her had a heap of land rather than risking my entire force over an ocean...