COMBATSIM Forum
Revvin

rFactor pre-orders available

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this here yet. It's the new racing sim engine by ISI who as you may know were responsible for the EA F1 series (which spawned many a mod), NASCAR Thunder and also the game engine used in the recent GTR and GT Legends sims. Well they've been busy creating this new engine that looks fantastic and ISI have been very open with the mod community as they plan to sell the basic game and let the mod teams do their stuff. As well as looking great the multiplayer has also been a prime focus of development. Its great to see a development team embrace the mod scene like this unlike FIRST racing who seem to have alienated themselves from the community. It's coming close to being released and you can pop over to the official rFactor web-site and pre-order here to get you're unlock key ready for the day it's released for download.

sc17_big.jpg

sc15_big.jpg

sc5_big.jpg

sc19_big.jpg

I hope it is as good as it looks. I have come to not expect much from EA when it comes to racing. Yes, their F-1 stuff has been deceant but their NASCAR has been junk.

I think you've misread, ISI are working for themselves and therefore not shackled by the demands of a publisher like EA. They are producing and releasing this off their own backs via download and CD key format. This is a private venture like Live For Speed but ISI have a proven pedigree with their game engines and have embraced the mod community to use their engine instead of tryign to hinder it as other developers such as First Racing have. Rumour has it there are already mods ready to release the day rFactor does. This could be really something special.

It's good to see so many sims beign released. I love playing GTR though don't spend nearly as much time as I'd like in there (need to find a job that pays me to play games all day..games I want to play :D ) rFactor looks great and Live For Speed S2 which was released a month or so ago went down well at a LAN party I went to and suggested we play it. I think I'll go and put in a pre-order for GT Legends, enjoying the E-Type Jag at the moment :)

Revvin',

We were talking about this in our private contributors' forum, but good on ya for getting a post about it here in the "open," so to speak :)

I downloaded the demo and the dang thing hard-locked my computer...twice! If anyone can get the demo running, please let me know the secret to your success :)