Must read from Michael Yon

JClark

People, you have to read Michael Yons' latest dispatch about his tour of duty with the Deuce Four:

http://michaelyon.blogspot.com/

This newsie not only has the stones to do his reporting right next to the guys getting shot, and sharing the misery of ops in field, but he also has the respect of these warriors. This blog is a must read for anyone who want's the inside track on Iraq, and hear the straight story, good, bad or ugly.

Boats

This guys reporting is incredible! I feel the intensity as I read his words. He is also very brave and dedicated to the truth of this conflict. I just pray that he survives long enough to complete his tour. He doesn't say what happened to the 2LT and the two squaddies who froze at the crucial time. Would bear some investigating I would think. I would hope that Lt Kurilla gets some kind of recognition for his heroism in that fight. A hell of a warrior! And how do we get the powers- that- be to look at the releasing of terrorists so that they can fight again? What a bunch of insanity! As always we go in with the best of intentions then finish up shooting ourselves in the foot with decisions made by idiots up the chain of command! No wonder they call them REMF's!

Boats you beat me to it... after you posted the first link the other day I went and read his stuff. I put myself on his email list and just saw that the lasted blog was posted. What a read... just incredible.... the rest of you go read this and get on his email distribution.

Semper Fi,

Deac

Thats Lt. Colonel Kurilla ;) Imagine, an 0-5 leading from the front, laying down fire to cover his men. If this guy doesn't get some serious metal on his chest, then someone is screwing up big time. I strongly suggest that anyone who likes Michael Yon, to also read Froggy Ruminations, written by a SEAL officer. He writes like he's putting rounds down range at a tango...dead on target.

http://froggyruminations.blogspot.com/

Boats :thumbsup: