COMBATSIM Forum

Sunday

Stans

Morning.  Banging this message out on my smartphone.  17 day old ABS (Newegg’s in house builder) refused to boot this morning.  It was a great computer while it lasted.  Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA water cooling, power supply and 3070 FTW3 video card on an Asus motherboard.  

This morning, the RGB indicator shows power, but a press of the on button yields a split second of power to all the components, then nothing else.  Tried reseting the computer, PSU, and UPS, but to no avail.  

Newegg wanted a review, they got one as in one egg.  I spent two weeks installing my suite of programs that allow me to customize FSX (Steam Edition this time).  I think I am done with flight sims and computers in general.  

y’all have a good day, I have a computer to pack up.  

4 hours ago, Stans said:

Morning.  Banging this message out on my smartphone.  17 day old ABS (Newegg’s in house builder) refused to boot this morning.  It was a great computer while it lasted.  Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA water cooling, power supply and 3070 FTW3 video card on an Asus motherboard.  

This morning, the RGB indicator shows power, but a press of the on button yields a split second of power to all the components, then nothing else.  Tried reseting the computer, PSU, and UPS, but to no avail.  

Newegg wanted a review, they got one as in one egg.  I spent two weeks installing my suite of programs that allow me to customize FSX (Steam Edition this time).  I think I am done with flight sims and computers in general.  

y’all have a good day, I have a computer to pack up.  

Herro Lat Bastalds! 18C undel paltry croudy skies in downtown Tokyo! Pool Stans-san. Itchie hack Stans-san's newie computel! Fusie tlansistols and capacitols in Powel Suppry! Noie walranty by Newie Eggie due to hacking! Stans-san out biggie dorlals! He noie fry now! Anothel victoly fol the NWO! ROR!

BANZAI! BANZAI!! BANZAI!!!

1 minute ago, Itchie Crotchie said:

Herro Lat Bastalds! 18C undel paltry croudy skies in downtown Tokyo! Pool Stans-san. Itchie hack Stans-san's newie computel! Fusie tlansistols and capacitols in Powel Suppry! Noie walranty by Newie Eggie due to hacking! Stans-san out biggie dorlals! He noie fry now! Anothel victoly fol the NWO! ROR!

Itchie! You Fool! Stans in one with the NWO! He has been retrained! You needed to hack dumb Donnie's PC! The Emperor is not going to like this! I hate to be you right now!

41 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Itchie! You Fool! Stans in one with the NWO! He has been retrained! You needed to hack dumb Donnie's PC! The Emperor is not going to like this! I hate to be you right now!

Wait... what?

I am going to swap out PSU's, hoping it is not the motherboard.

What is all this peach, joy, one with body stuff I have been posting?  NWO new member?  What have I been doing for the past weeks?

1 hour ago, Dark Helmet said:

Minol mistakie Dalk Hermet! Itchie makie up by hacking piperine!

Cyber attack shuts down U.S. fuel pipeline ‘jugular,’ Biden briefed

Itchie effectie gas plices in Amelicka! Waitie fol brackmair big monie payieout! Mole monies fol Empelol!

1 hour ago, mikew said:

Ha, truth is stranger than fiction. Luckily Landru only lasted 17 days this time...

http://chakoteya.net/StarTrek/22.htm

Yeah... what the...  I feel weird, like I have no direction in my life.  Oh, wait, that's actually normal for me! :rofl:

So I removed the EVGA 750 watt GR Series PSU that came with this Newegg computer and crammed in the older, but known to work well during the last 3 months of my old computer's life, Antec PSU, which is only 900 watts and I was thinking it was 1000, but still gross overkill for this system.  Put everything back together, no left over fasteners, plugging everything in and pressed the power button.

It.... is..... alive!

Noticed a light gray residue on the EVGA PSU at one of the VGA sockets that was in use.  Maybe this 750 Watt PSU was not actually up to the task of powering an EVGA RTX 3070 video card. <_<

I hate computers.. deal with them everyday. long work week over, had a great weekend in Maine. got to hang out with my daughters and grand children. Son-in-law won his 50 lap race. So really full  weekend!

9 hours ago, cobraj said:

I hate computers.. deal with them everyday. long work week over, had a great weekend in Maine. got to hang out with my daughters and grand children. Son-in-law won his 50 lap race. So really full  weekend!

Sounds like a great weekend, Jay.

11 hours ago, Emperor said:

Which one of you morons thought it was a good idea to control the dentist with a new computer?

I vote for Fink.   Dork Helmet probably had a role to play as well.

ACH!

Tvo veeks ofv vork vreprogrammink zhe dentizt undone by ein ekwuipment fvailure.

Mein fuhrer, zhis zetbak kan pozzibly be vrektifviedt but it vill take zome time.

Iffen vou are looking to punisch zomevone zhat zomevone ist Herr Krotchie!

Everyzhink vas unter pervfekt kontrol until Herr Krotchie dezidedt to play zyber ninja! 

Alzo it vas Lord Helmet vho zelektedt und inztalledt zhe devizes in doktor Stanz's komputer.

Heil Emperor!