Guess where Doc is now...?

Doc

Is that the Colling's Foundation B-17, "Nine-O-Nine"? I went for a ride on her a few years back. Man, what a rush!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now that I see the name tag (good hint) I see that it is the "Yankee Lady".

Hey, I think I did pretty good at figuring out what you were in just by the position of the 50 caliber machine gun, the shape of the window and the engine and prop.

When I went up I just took my camcorder and not my camera. At the time, my camcorder was this fricken huge VHS job by RCA. It made nice tapes and you didn't have to convert them to VHS, but it was huge and heavy. I have moved on to a small VHS-C job now, but my still camera is still fricken huge. Pentax MV, and it is really heavy with the 200mm zoom lens. :blink:

Most amazing ride ever!

B-17 Cockpit is much smaller in RL than it appears in any movies...

I can't imagine climbing through it with full leather winter gear...

THe Waist gun stations have lots of room, as does the radio compartment, but the nose and the cockpit are very small.....

Here ya go Scatty!

376_1125433513_ballturret3.jpg

The gentleman sitting to the left is a passenger like I was, that's the only seat that faces aft, other than the tail gunner, which they won't let anyone ride in...

THey would not let ayone in the BT in flight, and I didn't have a chance to get in it when it was on the ground...I think if a -17 showsup anywhere at a show you can get to, hang out with them a little and they will let you have a go at it. From my Navy experience doing shows, once you put on person in the plane, you immediately have a line awaiting their turns...