COMBATSIM Forum

Memorial Day (U.S.) holiday weekend music thread 2021

Stans

31 minutes ago, mikew said:

No holiday for me, but they usually end up like this anyway...

That video link is completely blocked in the U.S.  I found an alternative video.

46 minutes ago, Krycztij said:

Apart from being one of the most literal videos ever: Did they really film their Jamaica holiday video in England?!

Indeed they did. Godley and Creme made some of the most memorable videos of that era. They left 10cc a couple of years before this song came out though so this is waht we got.

Never heard of Los Bitchos before, talented but slightly too repetitive for my taste.

Might be ideal background music for software development though.

If I was a programmer, I'd be listening to something like this I think.

EDIT: That reminds me that I need to work on that EF2000 terrain. :)

25 minutes ago, Donster said:

with one of Canada's finest bands...

...and here's the other Canadian band. Had to search a bit to find one where Geddy doesn't open his mouth and ruin it.

3 hours ago, mikew said:

If I was a programmer, I'd be listening to something like this I think.

Programmers only listen to either death metal or synthwave. I listened almost exclusively to Cat System Corp for the past six years. (This has to be the best album of the 2010s.)

5 hours ago, mikew said:

What! Even in Texas?

What you need is one of these...

Now, to listen to that Madonna song...

It was blocked here in... oh, yeah, I forgot.  I do not live in free America, I live in the Communistwealth of Virginia.  Yes, my posting a Madonna song was a bold and brave move, one quite likely to get my knuckles wrapped by the Ministry of Love.  By the way, I did not know Fick played the bass guitar; it sure looks like him in that video, in his cross dressing days before he underwent a partial reassignment procedure.

Great version of Hotel California. :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Krycztij said:

Programmers only listen to either death metal or synthwave. I listened almost exclusively to Cat System Corp for the past six years. (This has to be the best album of the 2010s.)

That's a surprisingly good sound. It takes a few minutes to get used to it though. Reminds me a lot of the game 'Broken Reality'

I like not-too-growly death metal, although I won't post any here.

Anyway, off to Old Cape Cod

2 hours ago, mikew said:

Woah I had that on my mix tape during the millenium, brings back memories!

2 hours ago, mikew said:

Reminds me a lot of the game 'Broken Reality'

I’m suprised that you know that great little niche game, and indeed the artist contributed a song to it!

These two are said to be about holidays as well

13 hours ago, mikew said:

10 hours ago, Krycztij said:

Woah I had that on my mix tape during the millenium, brings back memories!

I can have good taste in music, sometimes I choose not to, I like to think of myself as being well rounded.  :D  My wife agrees that I am well rounded and that I need to lose some of my round.  :(

What's a good activity for a holiday weekend?

No, I am not posting the official video as that would likely violate the terms of this site.

By the way, it is my understanding that all 65 of the bicycles used in the official video were rentals... until the rental company found out exactly how they were used.  Queen ended up being the proud owners of 65 bicycle seats.

6 hours ago, cobraj said:

Had lots of company heading up to Maine, left later and a few slow downs. Not a bad drive. Woke up to 5 deer outside the window pretty cool

Had a Red Fox in the back yard this morning. One of my neighbors has seen two hanging out together down by our wooded ravine. Probably have a den down there with some pups/kits. We see deer multiple times a week. They like to eat the seeds from my bird feeders that the birds kick out to the ground.