Meet New Members of the Groucho Clan

Groucho

After years of promises to the kids, we're finally in a position to get ourselves a pair of family dogs.

We adopted this pair of ne'er do wells from the local SPCA shelter.

This guy's name is Gus. My wife thinks the name is short for August, the month in which he was adopted, but in reality, it's short for Gustav (as in Bf-109-G). Gus is one laid-back puppy...his papers say he's a dachsund mix but there ain't no way- I see Lab and German Shepard.

gus1.jpg

Here's Lynn at the pound the day we picked Gus up.

landg1.jpg

His partner in crime is Winston, named after Winston Churchill (I picked that name out when we thought he was an English Pointer-- now I'm more certain he's more German Shorthair. Shrug.)

This picture captures his more active goofball personality.

winston2.jpg

In a rare moment of inaction:

winston1.jpg

Those are cute puppies Groucho. Gus is definately a Shepherd/Lab mix of some proportion. Winston is...I have no idea, but still cute. :D

Puppies are great...right up until they decide to recreate Pearl Harbor in the living room. I know this from having 2 puppies at the "WWII reenactor" age myself. :lol:

Gustav & Winston are more likely to recreate the Battle of Britain or D-Day than Pearl Hr I think :P

Fine looking pups..... I have a 10 year old retired racing Greyhound myself...if he were any more "laid back" he'd be in a coma :lol:

Gustav & Winston are more likely to recreate the Battle of Britain or D-Day than Pearl Hr I think  :P

Fine looking pups..... I have a 10 year old retired racing Greyhound myself...if he were any more "laid back"  he'd be in a coma  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BoB I can deal with. Even a Pearl.

I'm more worried about a possible Hiroshima or Dresden. :lol:

Awwww wook! Da widdle puppy wuppies!

C'mere an' say hewwo to dadda! Whose the widdle man with da waggly tail? Hmmm? Yes? Yessh you are the cutest! Yeshhhh you are!

[ahem!]

Sorry 'bout that. I go into moron-talk-mode when I see puppies.

Nice mutts you got there, G; and good on ya for getting 'em from the 'pound...they make the best pets in my unprofessional opinion :):thumbsup:

Awwww wook! Da widdle puppy wuppies!

C'mere an' say hewwo to dadda! Whose the widdle man with da waggly tail? Hmmm? Yes? Yessh you are the cutest! Yeshhhh you are!

And he's the Administrator? God help us all! I sure hope no noobs take a look in here!

Anyway,as the proud owner of the smartest dog in the world,not to mention the best looking,I can say without reservation that mutts make the greatest pets,are cheaper to look after,have the best personalities,and will defend the family to their death! So rest assured you made a great choice,Groucho,and the kids will benefit greatly from the added responsibility! (We hope!)

(My dog is Mindy,the Wonder Dog,a Border Collie who is smarter than your Honor Student,so the Bumper Sticker says!)

Mind you,I'm not prejudiced!

It's my opinion that all daogs are smarter than people. They don't have to go to the office, they don't have to pay taxes or get permits for stuff and nobodty objects if they take a piss on the neighbors flower bed :)

We have a Sheltie and a Schnauzer. The Snouzie came from the pound.

He's got personality plus, but he ain't no doggie Einstein.

The Sheltie, on the other hand, is smarter than my teenager.

Not that that's saying all that much.

:P

Jim

Mutts are great! I've known about 5 purebread dogs with genetic issues, no mutt I've ever seen has had hip dysplasia etc. And their personalities are just as good if not better. I can't wait till I'm settled and can get a dog or two. My previous three came from shelters too. :thumbsup: