it doesn't surprise me...

cobraj

We are getting Help From Australia, Canada...even Saudi Arabia in the for of more oil production, Australia with rescue workers and medical personal, Canada with aid and support to help us out. Germany and France you ask... Well they sent their sympathys

and condolences.. like I said It doesn't surprise me...

Yep we been running peak capacity all this time with no margin for error. Ideally we need to be able to loose a few without feeling it.

Yeah the support we're getting it (and where we're getting it from) and the lack of support (and where we aren't getting it from) aren't big surprises either way. Thanks to our friends, and a one finger salute to our "friends."

Kofi actually admitted that the economic cost could be greater than the Tsunami even. No kidding? You mean losing the highest volume port in the US, one of the highest pipeline and refinery areas in the US, and a city that has a higher population than some UN member states could cost more money than a Tsunami hitting what're still basically Third World Countries? Having sections of 3 of our most important states when it comes to imports and exports to South America could cost a bit? Having houses levelled with the average pricetag of some entire villages in Indonesia could be pricey? Who woulda thunk it. :rolleyes:

I'm just surprised the Japanese ambasador to either the UN or US hasn't lodged a formal complaint (yet) against the people saying that Biloxi looks like Hiroshima for minimizing them or something.