Friday

Stans

Morning y'all, clear skies, 74F, and 86% humidity.  Today's forecast calls for sunshine this morning, but increasing cloudiness in the afternoon and a high of 96F.  There is a 40% chance of scattered, evening thunderstorms.  Tonight, partly to mostly cloudy skies and a low of 76F.  I watched a special baseball game last night.  I have not watched major league baseball in a long time, but last night the White Sox and the Yankees played at The Field of Dreams.  It was a special game and I really enjoyed it.  It was actually an exciting game with the Yankees scoring first, then the White Sox took and held the lead until the top of the 9th inning.  At the bottom of the ninth, with the Yankees leading by 1 run, the Sox scored a home run with a runner on 1st, winning the game.  A special game at a special place, something to see and baseball history was made.

1 hour ago, Stans said:

...the Sox scored a home run with a runner on 1st, winning the game

Hit by Kevin Costner no doubt. :D

A strange concept to an outsider, especially with the expense of building a special field near the original movie set.

It seems to have worked in getting at least one person that doesn't normally watch Baseball tuning in. :)

2 hours ago, mikew said:

Hit by Kevin Costner no doubt. :D

A strange concept to an outsider, especially with the expense of building a special field near the original movie set.

It seems to have worked in getting at least one person that doesn't normally watch Baseball tuning in. :)

The temporary stadium held 8000 seats.  Ticket prices ranged from $999 for the worst seats to $4,400 for the best seats and all seats were sold.  Add this to concession and souvenir sales and I think those involved did ok.  The governor of Iowa wants this to become an annual event.  If it does, this will be one of the few, perhaps the only game of the season I will watch.  Home runs are not called as "it's over the wall", but as "it's in the corn!". 

57 minutes ago, Donster said:

Our largest grocery store chain, Hy-Vee, are selling "Field of Dreams" cereal...

FieldofDreamsCereal.jpg

Anything to make a buck. :rolleyes:

I looked it up, at least they are donating some of the proceeds to a children's charity.