Microsoft Combat flight simulator

Micky

Hello,

We Have a number of old games, all the combat flying type. None work on Windows 10. I am just about to replace my PC and thought I could install an older OS on my old one to allow use of the games? Which OS would be the best for this? 

Thanks

No easy answer to this. I suppose it depends on which games you are trying to run, how old your old PC actually is, and last but not least, how much effort you are prepared to put into it.

In  my experience Windows, 10 is actually pretty good at running old games although there's often workarounds that are needed.

There's some troublesome flight sims though, like 'Mig Alley', 'Jane's F-15' and 'Jane's F/A-18' which I've never heard of running perfectly in Windows 10.

All the games worked fine on this pc prior to windows 10. I was running vista. I just wondered if any OS is better than another?

Games- mic combat flight SIM ww11, 3 battle for Europe,  Mig29. They all state windows 95/ 98 2000, xp.

Well, it sounds like you'd be better off reinstalling XP or Vista on that PC, although I have no idea if that would work even if you had the original installation disks as both XP and Vista needed activating. Running XP or Vista as a VM in Windows 10 might also be an option, although might be tricky to get GPU passthrough etc working properly.

There's also the Linux/Wine route. There's no guarantee that it would work, but it's free to try.

Not much help I know, but it depends a lot on the effort you want to put into it. Personally, I gave up trying to maintain old hardware to run old software.

I think I have Mig29 somewhere. I'll try and see if it works on Windows 10 if I can find it...