TAW v2.30 - Keyboard not working on new Win10 PC using either USB or Wireless?

ianh

Hi All,

I've been playing on my Win10 laptop for a few years without issue, where I've been using a wireless Keyboard, but for Christmas I've bought a Win10 PC and the same keyboard I've been using previously doesn't work with TAW on the PC (all drivers loaded).

My keyboard has the option to be plugged in via USB so I've tried that and, again on the PC, it doesn't work in TAW. So I tried two other keyboards I had - a direct USB wired one and a different Wireless one and neither of those two worked either.

I've also tried to assign Keys to my X-52 Pro joystick and in-game they don't work either so it's not the  keyboards at issue but I don't know why it works on my laptop but not on my PC so I'm fairly sure it's not a specific Win10 issue but, more likely, some config issue I have somewhere.

Any help would be appreciated!

Ian

My brief experience tells me that USB drivers are finicky with TAW on win10. I also use X-52 but always envoke TAW profile via Saitek programming software and make sure it is active (green joy icon ) when I am in TAW. And then sometimes out of the blue the drivers are dropped and I need to restart TAW.  As I say ...finicky. 

A small update, it appears to be linked to the resolution I'm trying to play at - with any resolution other than 800x600 set in my Glide wrapper (DGvoodoo or NGlide) the keyboard won't work, it'll only work with the resolution set to 800x600.

So my issue now is that, whilst I can still play the game, the resolution is so low the game looks very poor on my 32in Monitor. Strangely I had no issue with this on my Laptop which would run TAW through NGlide 1.04 at 4k no problem (I known it didn't make the game 4k, it just upscaled the 800x600 display so it looked better).

I play with Glide dgVoodoo set to 1920 x1080 with pretty decent results and still I have not explored all of the available settings in search for the optimal solution. With high resolution there are little crazy things happening on the airbases with lights. X52 is OK.