Wild race last night at Richmond, Virginia

Stans

I watched the Busch race last night and got to see Martin Truex, Jr. ride his car up onto the wall along the straight of way, go along the track with the car on its side, then when he came to the next turn the car righted itself. He was hopping mad since it was Mike Wallace who squeezed him into the wall and started this event.

Story with great photo

By the way, Mark Martin announced that he will postpone his retirement from NASCAR racing for one year.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9262028

WOW! Helluva race, and Martin Truex is a helluva driver! Turned out to be a wreck-o-rama at the end, with Tony Stewart finally pulling a good car out, saying that he'd had enough banging and and beating, and getting spun out by Busch rookies, and didn't want to destroy Kevin and Deanna Harvicks car :blink:

Boats

By the way, Mark Martin announced that he will postpone his retirement from NASCAR racing for one year.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9262028

Stans I know your number one guy is Mark, but I have to tell you I way have lost respect for him now. Many people have went earlier in the year and bought retirmeant items for him and now he will do it again next year.

I know you will say he don't want to leave Jack out to dry, but I am sure the promise of the "Salute to You II" and how fat a wallet that will make sure will help make it easier. I think it is about money and the fans will loose out.

Shep, who thanks anyone how says they are done, needs to be done.

Yeah, he says he wants to quit, then Roush tries to sign Ganassi's top driver, Ganassi ain't about to give up one of the best, Roush is stuck, Martin caves in to his long time friend. For fans it's sweet in that they get to enjoy another season, yet they did buy all the "final season" memorabilia and are now screwed. I guess if NASCAR wasn't so commercialized it wouldn't be as big of a deal, but if it wasn't for the commercialization, they'd still be a bunch of southern boys ridining around 1/2 mile tracks with little to no media coverage. I have mixed emotions over Mark's decision. He's a nice guy and caved to pressure from Roush and in doing so may have "dissed" his fans.

Mark (who is not my driver), is a real nice guy. I'm certain that he was under a lot of pressure from both sides, his family (who really needs him home), and Jack Roush, who is a good friend to Mark. In the end, Mark decided that his loyalty to Jack was important, especially when Jack asked him to stay on for one more year. I don't think for a moment that Mark intended one bit of disrespect to his loyal fans. He's just a stand-up kind of guy, and you have to respect that. My son-in-law is a big fan of Marks, and he's sure as hell not disappointed ;) Personally, I'd like to see the old fart win the Cup this year ;)

Boats

The money is good, he said after winning the All Star race that he would run that race in 2006, but I expect Mark has invested well and also owns both a Busch series and a Craftsman truck series team, so he won't be hurting for money during his retirement.

Mark sold his BGN team to JR. He used to own the 60.

Mark is like I said one of them guys who is not doing what he said. If he really wanted to reire he would. I see it as making people buy things under flase pretense and I am glade that the tracks have stopped giving him junk. Oh wait, next year he'll get more junk for retiring twice.