L.A. mass blackout reported

Donster

Yep, I was in the Fry's in Burbank getting a cable for the new DVD player when it got real dark.

Got a nice long lunch break.

Actually, the Burbank and LAPD were out in force directing traffic and doing what they do. I think LA is pretty well prepared, at least as much as you can be, for the BIG one.

The fact that one guy with a pair of wire cutters can do that much damage is a little scary, but I think the power grid is setup saftey first, drop off line if anything goes wrong, and ask questions later. Seemed to work for the last quake in '94.

The fact that one guy with a pair of wire cutters can do that much damage is a little scary, but I think the power grid is setup saftey first, drop off line if anything goes wrong, and ask questions later. Seemed to work for the last quake in '94.

That was my first thought too, basically that if one guy with cutters could knock out power over a big part of the city then what would happen if someone really wanted to knock the power out? Kinda scary indeed.

That was my first thought too, basically that  if one guy with cutters could knock out power over a big part of the city then what would happen if someone really wanted to knock the power out? Kinda scary indeed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sit and think about such things from time to time. As I look around my area, I see juicy targets that are completely unprotected.