NASCAR race at New Hampshire

Stans

Temper, temper. I've never seen so many drivers take out their frustrations and personal problems by using their cars as battering rams. 2/3's through the race and NASCAR had to put all the cars on pit road so they could get all the pieces off the track and let the drivers calm down a bit. Racing is intense, but this has degraded to a demolition derby.

Well, the last 1/3 was uneventful and a good finish. Ryan Newman and Tony Stewart just battling it out for a first place finish. Rubbing is racing and sometimes cars get loose and bump into each other, but there is no room for unsportsman like conduct and using your car as a weapon. I expect there are hot heads who just cannot control themselves or use good judgement in all sports. Just part of life, but at the speeds these guys go, it is just plain dangerous.

I had to go to work at around lap 200, and I had high hopes for my driver, since at that time, he was leading. He didn't pit when the other drivers did, and got the lead. I thought, Ryan is going to get passed here soon, but he'll still get the 5 points for leading a lap. Oh, no...not only did he keep the lead for quite a while, but when I was leaving the house, he was pulling away from Stewart! WOOHOO! Then the wife calls me at work, to tell me my guy won the whole tamale, and Ryan went all the way from 10th to 3rd, only 40 points out of contention.

My day is complete! My driver finally won a race, and when it REALLY counted!

Boats

quote=Shepherd,Sep 17 2005, 04:46 PM]

sedan racing on ovals and two roadies.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's 34,000 horsepower going by you in the space of a heartbeat...it's a car made mostly of aluminum (and titanium roll cage!) hitting the wall at 180mph! It's titanic egos, the kind that demands that they are the best, and can drive a car that is flying on the thin edge of instability, clashing with like egos, and harsh words, and damaged cars being used of weapons of futile (and costly!) destruction.

It's

NASCAR!

Boats

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Overpayed low IQ white guys going around in circles really fast.  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are aerospace engineers with multiple graduate degrees trying to get a 255,000 pound 747 airborne at less than 200 mph. Whereas, race teams have guys with mostly a high school diploma trying to keep a 3,400 pound race car on the ground at over 190 mph.

Now, who is worth more vs. time and money invested in education?