WOW

Shepherd

I think we are looking at about 25% of our refining capacity being off-line for a week or more. Seeing as how the refineries were basically just keeping up with demand, now that a good number are down, there is not likely to be enough fuel to go around. $5 per gallon? Yeah, it could happen.

Get a few more horrific storms, maybe some devastating earthquakes in California (they have been having small ones for the past 24 hours), maybe a storm or some catastrophe could hit the refineries on the East Coast and we will all be walking or riding bicycles.

You know if we still had neighborhood schools that kids could walk to they wouldn't need to worry about how much gas costs...

But we're not allowed to anymore.  <_<

Just an observation.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or make kids actually ride the bus to school. I have two high schools within a 4 mile radius of my house. I bet there are at the very least 800 student driven autos per school. (And most drive better cars than I do) <_< If they were all riding buses, the fuel savings would be great. Add that by all the high schools in the US.