NCAA denies "Fighting Sioux" nickname appeal.

Donster

So how about the Fighting Irish then?

This crap really burns me. The only name that can be said to be racist is the Redskins. Now Florida State got exempt from having to change their name from the Seminoles. Is it because they are a large, big money school? Where as North Dakota is obviously a small university. But probably has more Native Americans than Florida State. If the NA's aren't bothered by it, then leave it alone. :angry:

As usual...in the good ol' US of A...the minority now rules.

At the University of Iowa, they paint the visiting football teams locker room pink. Been doing it for years, since the Hayden Fry era. He was an ex-marine, and he beleived it calmed people. Anything for an edge. Now some Lesbian professor says it's demeaning to women. Click Here

:angry:

Well, as for FSU, the Seminole tribe, which is about 5 minutes from where I am right now, said it had no problem with FSU using the Seminole as its mascot and told organizations that were "fighting for the Seminoles" to knock it off. They were honored to have a college use them as a mascot.

North Dakota on the other hand, two Sioux tribes in the area said they didn't like it and a third wouldn't or just didn't respond to the NCAA inquiry.

As for Fry, that's Former-Marine not ex and I don't see any reason for them to paint that locker room any other color. Just because because some prof from Boston finds it offensive. She may want to watch who SHE offends as she may find herself on her way back to Boston..........UNEMPLOYED!

:edit: Oh and I had read this yesterday and all it does is prohibit them from hosting post-season events. I know thats revenue, but they can still appeal it. The bad thing is the NCAA has become too big for it britches and needs to be taken down a notch or 1000 and made to realize that they don't run these schools, they are there to support them.

It's all stupid. The Braves use to have Cheif KNockahoma, but the PC of life forced them to get rid of him. They also tried to get rid of the chop too.

Wait, I have red hair I need to shave it off I might offend lepracones.

I have decided to write the NCAA and complain about the racial insult I feel every time I see the symbol or hear the term "Fighting Irish". Me mum was Irish, and to ME and many OTHERS that name assumes my forfathers were all a bunch of drinkin', bar brawlin' Irish. Hell...I may even SUE Notre Dame for all the pain and suffering it causes me....now where did I put my bottle of whiskey....What?...Stans drank it all?....I'll beat him to a bloody pulp! ;)

Well, we Texas A&M University Aggies are liable to be censured by the NCAA.

See, our motto is "Gig 'Em," delivered with a thumbs up. Supposedly, this phrase refers to the practice of spearing fish or frogs with an implement known as a gig. So we're probably risking the wrath of PETA.

There's more. Our mascot is a collie, named Reville. She's on the sidelines at every game. So the ASPCA is probably gunning for us, too ...

<_<

I have decided to write the NCAA and complain about the racial insult I feel every time I see the symbol or hear the term "Fighting Irish". Me mum was Irish, and to ME and many OTHERS that name assumes my forfathers were all a bunch of drinkin', bar brawlin' Irish. Hell...I may even SUE Notre Dame for all the pain and suffering it causes me....now where did I put my bottle of whiskey....What?...Stans drank it all?....I'll beat him to a bloody pulp!  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whaddya say we send the IRA after the NCAA....?

That'll solve 3 problems right there....IRA gets something to do, NCAA has a REAL issue to deal with, and the TSA gets to exercise it's muscle against very pale, red headed freckled airline passengers...now they have a reason to search Grandma!

Doc, (just off a plane from Newark, headed for a plane bound for San Fran on Monday.....)

B)