Blue Angels, SanFran Fleet Week 2005

Joker

AWESOME Joker!

I'm down the road in Monterey, probably be up in SFO Thursday or Friday Night...

Not sure where you are, but if you want to tip a few, I'm staying at the Crowne Plaza at the airport, Burlingame I think they call it....

Doc

Omigod! Joker's got a Martian in his backyard!

I know -- I know. You're going to try and tell me that thing in the first picture is a communications tower. Right?

Fools.

Look closer. It's a Martian scout, cleverly disguised as a comm tower.

We're doomed.

:o

Tinfoil Jim

AWESOME Joker!

I'm down the road in Monterey, probably be up in SFO Thursday or Friday Night...

Not sure where you are, but if you want to tip a few, I'm staying at the Crowne Plaza at the airport, Burlingame I think they call it....

Doc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Doc, we're on the west side of San Francisco.

Not sure what's going on, at present. Today is Critter's due date. Jen is going to the doctor today -- they might be inducing labor.

As you can imagine, my schedule is sorta chaotic right now. If we're not on diaper duty, I'll give you a call at the hotel and see if we can hook up!

:thumbsup:

Omigod!  Joker's got a Martian in his backyard!

I know -- I know.  You're going to try and tell me that thing in the first picture is a communications tower.  Right?

Fools.

Look closer.  It's a Martian scout, cleverly disguised as a comm tower.

We're doomed.

:o

Tinfoil Jim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL!

Yeah, that's the infamous Sutro Tower. Some of the natives swear we're being irradiated. On the other hand, you wouldn't believe the awesome reception we get around here.

Life is full of trade-offs ...

:D

Frankly, and I hate to this, the T'birds put on a better show in my honest opinion. I lived in El Centro, the winter home of the Angels for 8 years. I've seen their show too many times to count. The only saving grace is that the opposing solo is usually a Corps fighter pilot and "Fat Albert" is a Marine crewed AC. But that's just my humble thoughts.

Frankly, and I hate to this, the T'birds put on a better show in my honest opinion.  I lived in El Centro, the winter home of the Angels for 8 years.  I've seen their show too many times to count.  The only saving grace is that the opposing solo is usually a Corps fighter pilot and "Fat Albert" is a Marine crewed AC.  But that's just my humble thoughts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, Skip -- but the Thunderbirds don't fly in my backyard.

First saw the Blue Angels at a Confederate Air Force show at Scholes Field in Galveston, Texas, way back in 1971. They were still flying Phantoms, then. Even got a "Fly Navy" bumper sticker. Big thrill for a little kid. Hope to share the same with my own boy, in a few years.

I'll stick with the Blue Angels, thanks ...

Well, I ain't saying the Thunderbirds are bad.

In fact, sometimes they practice at Moffet Field, across the highway from my office in Mountain View, CA. They do put on quite a show.

I just got my loyalties, that's all ... :D