Not too sure about this new mouse.........

Buster

My old optical mouse was acting up on me so I did some reading up and bought this newfangled Razer Copperhead mouse.

Its supposed to be the bomb for gaming but maybe I just suck too bad for anything to help me. You can adjust the dpi sensitivity on the run. I always thought maybe I got killed so much because my mouse was so slow. This dang thing is so fast I can't keep it steady! I also liked having programmable buttons on the side to free me up from having to look at the keyboard. but these damn things are so small and really not in a good spot to be usable.

Anybody have one of these and can tell me how to adjust and use it?

Welcome back Buster :)

I think it is much more precise for fine aiming. I think the resolution on my optical is like 800x600. So I get less than one pixel precision. Speed probably is not a problem since human eye to brain to hand reaction time is a lot slower than even slow mouses and things like gold plated connectors are just marketing bling. The high resolution is a selling point to me though. Ideally you want it to match your screen's resolution for pixel perfect aiming.

Buster,

When I saw that you were looking at a "Razer" I thought EGAD! Don't do it, man!

We reviewed the original Razer back in the day and although it was stylish as hell and of very high quality, it was painful to use because of the weird profile they had, supposedly, ergonomically developed.

But, I see from the website that they've gone to the classic mouse shape so combining that fact with my experience with their excellent quality, I'd say go for it if you can. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...