Big Day for Bowl Games

Donster

Way back in the day, when I was in dental school, we created a game that required a bowl, a pair of tongs, chairs on casters, a foam rubber ball and a small hoop. We named out game "tong ball". This was born out of boredom by the ten of us who tested out of our biochemistry class.

We had two teams, the Hairy Krishnas and the Baghdad Bagheads. I was on the Hairy Krishna's, mostly because I sported long hair and plenty of facial hair.

The rules:

You must play the game seated in your school issued adjustable height, castored chair.

You must carry the ball in your school issued flexible rubber mixing bowl.

You must pick up and throw the ball with you school issued casting tongs.

The ball (not school issue) must pass through the hoop (definitely not school issued) mounted on the wall.

There were no further rules.

I perfected the art of dirty play. As someone would prepare to make a shot, I would reach down, grab the chair height adjustment handle and let the air out of their chair.

Oh, and the Hairy Krishnas did win the most games and the school, although frowning upon the antics of my class (evidently we were the most unruley, yet consistantly scored the highest on exams of any class to come through the school) never said anything against our games.

Michael A. "Stans" Stansfield,

Class of 1993, the 100th graduating class of the Medical College of Virginia School of Dentistry.

And in the spirit of the college bowl games, I really think that American Standard (maker of fine sinks and commodes) should sponsor a game. It would be for the two worst college teams and would be called.....

The Toilet Bowl!!!!

Betcha didn't see that one coming?

You did?

Well here is a bit of a twist. In bowl games, the winner goes away with all the glory and the big trophy. But, the Toilet Bowl would be different. The looser would get the biggest trophy, a well used, old toilet to signify the status of that school's team.

Whaddaya think?

And in the spirit of the college bowl games, I really think that American Standard (maker of fine sinks and commodes) should sponsor a game.  It would be for the two worst college teams and would be called.....

The Toilet Bowl!!!!

Betcha didn't see that one coming?

You did?

Well here is a bit of a twist.  In bowl games, the winner goes away with all the glory and the big trophy.  But, the Toilet Bowl would be different.  The looser would get the biggest trophy, a well used, old toilet to signify the status of that school's team.

Whaddaya think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's half-time at the Gator Bowl, Virginia Tech is trailing by 7 and they derserve to lose. Three incidents of very unsportsmanlike conduct. Personal foul on the kick off play, roughing a referee, and Marcus Vick intentionally stepped on the leg of one of Louisville's players, this foul was not seen by the officials. :angry:

Fairly. They were a 3 and half point underdog going in and Texas Tech was supposed to light Bama's D up early and often. Bama pulls off a 13-10 upset with what has to be the fugliest kick in NCAA history with no time on the clock.

The AuBarn cow doctor college, the South Carolina Deadcocks and the Georgia Bull Shites let the SEC down.

Bama, Florida and LSU did the SEC proud. Sorry Donnie, had to pull for the Gator-bait, they're SEC. And how about LSU spanking the Miami Hurricanes. They are going to have re-name that team to the Miami Tropical Depression. They don't even rate Tropical Storm. You know, if you have enough energy to fight after a 60 minute ball game, then obviously you didn't play hard enough. Then, if you're going to go into the opponents tunnel and start a fight, make sure you can at least win the fight instead of getting knocked out like the punk you obviously are. They should have known better really since LSU had just handed them ass on a platter all night long.

The AuBarn cow doctor college, the South Carolina Deadcocks and the Georgia Bull Shites let the SEC down. 

Bama, Florida and LSU did the SEC proud.  Sorry Donnie, had to pull for the Gator-bait, they're SEC.  And how about LSU spanking the Miami Hurricanes.  They are going to have re-name that team to the Miami Tropical Depression.  They don't even rate Tropical Storm.  You know, if you have enough energy to fight after a 60 minute ball game, then obviously you didn't play hard enough.  Then, if you're going to go into the opponents tunnel and start a fight, make sure you can at least win the fight instead of getting knocked out like the punk you obviously are.  They should have known better really since LSU had just handed them ass on a platter all night long.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah well I'll let ya slide on that one Shawn, but what I want to know is how the #3 ranked team winds up in a bowl game with the #22 ranked team. Am I the only one that thinks that's a little...weird as hell?

That game lasted about a month and a half too, I kept waiting for the ref to call an official time out for snacks and a siesta. :lol:

Glad Penn State's kicker got to win it for them finally. Then again if he wouldn't have missed that kick with 35 seconds to go in the 4th quarter it would have shortened the game by about an hour or so. :ph43r:

Wound up that way because the Orange is in with the ACC and the Big Ten unless its the Orange Bowls year to host the national title game OR one or both of the conferences schools are in the national title game elsewhere. They take the champs from both. Well, just so happens the ACC champ was ranked #22. Kinda bites if you ask me, but that's the way it works out.

Donnie, you know they would make an exception for ND. But yeah, they need a playoff system and not this BCS +1 crap. Needs to be something like the top 2 teams for each conference. Use your bowl games to host your playoff games.