Who's playing COD2?

Buster

No more time than I have to play sims these days it only took me almost 2 months to finish this game. Is anyone else playing? I enjoyed it more than the original and have knocked around some on the MP. These damn kids are too fast for me.

No more time than I have to play sims these days it only took me almost 2 months to finish this game. Is anyone else playing? I enjoyed it more than the original and have knocked around some on the MP. These damn kids are too fast for me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Russ!

I've played a little COD2 in the limited free time I have right now. It's fun, but I've sorta dropped it for Brothers in Arms (the original; haven't tried the sequel). I like the tactical aspect of BIA, being a squad leader.

How are things? How's the Harley?

Just about finished COD2, for the third time.  When is the add-on due?  What I'd like to see is them do Op Market Garden.  They could skip all the Russian crap as far as I'm concerned.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, that Stalingrad stuff was depressing as hell ... :unsure:

Me! Also let it be known that CoD2 has major cheating issues online. The soon to be released patch is supposed to fix this problem.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah! Yeah.............. Thats the ticket. That must be why I suck so bad online! :rofl:

I figured there must be quite alot of cheating going on. Either that or I got some way bad lag issues. I know some guys are just inherently good but when you see the scores after the game and several guys have 50 kills and 10 deaths and everybody else is about 50/50 or less, something ain't right.

Hey Russ!

I've played a little COD2 in the limited free time I have right now.  It's fun, but I've sorta dropped it for Brothers in Arms (the original; haven't tried the sequel).  I like the tactical aspect of BIA, being a squad leader.

How are things?  How's the Harley?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been tempted to buy BIA but right now I just don't have enough time. I got to have this house finished in about 4 months.

The Harleys great! Bought a new Softail back in August. Sad part is I only have 1200 miles on it so far. <_<

Hey Buster! Priorities! Priorities! What ya godda do is get a laptop for the Harley so you can play CoD2 while you rack up the NEXT 1200 miles! :thumbsup:

I love CoD2 more than the original but both have the incredible historical realities of the theatres of war they represent so graphically perfect that they are a must have for everyone who wants to get a sense of what war means. :( I think that these games should be mandatory in history classes throughout North America so that everyone will get a clear idea of what men and women went through to survive bullies and psychopaths. :angry: BiA (both editions) are equally incredible in how they have painstakingly replicated actual historical combat missions of the war. Let us not underestimate the importance of our "games"! :unsure:

Right now I'm trying to get Vietcong2 going. If I'd been a American, I would have been in that war. :o At the time (1965 to 1967)I was in the Royal Canadian Air Force where we got more respect than our American cousins who were being spit on by heir "friends" for taking part in an unpopular and terrifying war. :angry:

I have a problem starting the game after installing it successfully but the Pteredon website told me to contact SecuROM to get a corrected executable for my LG DVD writer drive. I'm still waiting... Anyone else had this problem? :blink: I hope to get it going because I remember the original Vietcong by Pteredon was absolutely incredible to play using eDimensional 3D glasses! It was amazing! Unlike just about any other shooter. I hopeVC2 will be as awesome since they kept the same graphics engine! :rolleyes:

Does anybody get excited about Battlfield2? I found that the Special Forces sequel was really worth the money. Better weapons. Better scenarios especially that last one in Iraq attacking the palace for control. REALLY GOOOD!!!!!! :P

Cheers everyone. Anxiously awaiting Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter. :)

Welcome to the forum MattArgo! I am looking to pick up Vietcong 2 one of these days. I enjoyed the orginal. As for Battlefield2, I was dissapointed enough in Battlefield:Vietnam that I won't spend the money on the latest release.

I would love it if Infinity Ward produced CoD3 with missions in the Pacific! Some China/Burma/India would also be great! :)

Welcome to the boards Matt. :D

The last shooter I got was Medal of Honor. The original one. Yeah that long ago. It's not that I don't like them, I'm just in a perpetual state of being short of cash. :(

RCAF eh? I was actually just up to Ottawa last week and went to the Canada Aviation Museum and the War Museum, very interesting things at both places. Plenty of things at both that you don't commonly see in collections down here in the US. :thumbsup: Although the decriptions of the War of 1812 at the War Museum were...interesting to say the least. ;)

• 1 month later...

I haven't played CoD2, but I've played Castle Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory and now Battlefield2. Just wanted to comment the cheating and 50/10 Kill/Death ratio...

Some people are just good. Amazingly good. They would consider a 50/10 round pretty bad. They got aim and reflexes that us "old" guys can envy. Sure there are cheats out there, worse for some games than others. Aimbots that aim the gun for them, wallhacks so they can see you and kill you through walls, speedhacks so they can zip-zoom and fly around.

What I like about ET and now BF2 is that it is team-based. You have to work together as a team, and you have different classes. Medics to heal, engineers to build or blow up, covert-ops to sneak in and wreck havoc behind enemy lines, support/supply classes and with Battlefield2 you also have tanks, AFVs, helicopters and planes. You need overview and tactical know-how to get ahead... suits my old brain better :D

These games are almost exclusively played online, with teams and "clans" duking it out. Organised in eSport leagues and cups, you fight side by side in a clan and it's lots of fun. But boy! is it time consuming...

Geg,

Wish I could, but I don't own it. :(

There is a certain jarhead who lives in Florida and goes by the name "Sir, Yes Sir!" who might hook up with you...provided you don't get up his nose during a Saturday mission involving Corsairs ;-)

... i've been playing CoD2 for about two months or so. i've chewed through most of the single player side but i spend more time plaing MP online.

It does get pretty frustrating when you keep getting whacked over and over. i stick to team deathmatch and stay away from games with more than about 14 total players. It got to be pointless playing on a map with like 30 players and barely taking three steps before being hacked to pieces.

Some servers tend to attract hackers and cheaters so i steer clear of them and remember the servers that seem to have a more level-headed crowd.

I think it's obvious when you have a hacker/cheater on the map, but a lot of time it's just coming across people that are actually that good at the game. And they will always beat the players who are sneaking some time here and there between work and projects around the house.

One thing that i always want is to play CoD2 with others in some form of unit and actually have some shred of tactical process. Granted you can't get too deep, but at least play with overwatches or knowing that someone is watching the flanks or rear. i'm sure you get this with joining a clan, but i don;t want to spend money to do that or have the time to devot X amount of hours per week to join clan matches.

In the end, i love CoD2. It's a great game!

Welcome pogy366! Where in Wisconsin do you hail/live? My wife is from Madison. :)

... i'm in milwaukee