The Big Rig is a'runnin' now!!!!!

mane_raptor

:anim_bounce::woohoo::Woot_Emoticon:

Just got back from the Techie's shop. The only, and I mean only, thing we could find was the jumper on the HD. I have an 80 gig ATA-133 drive. The cable between the MB and the HD is a ATA-133 80 pin cable. The jumper on the HD was set to "Master", we switched it to "Cable Select", and PRESTO........Win XP Home flash screen and it comes up like a champ.

We shut it down, started it up several times, let it run for a while, took it's temp and pulse, shut it down, started it up several more times, and basically said ; "Huh?"

Why it was working under "Master" when it should only work under "Cable Select", who knows, but this mother's son will be doing a little CD burning today.

One "good" thing about this event......the wife has agreed to open the purse strings a bit and my techie friend is searching his sources for the best pricing on a new sys for pit 2. (Min 2.8-3.0 gig CPU, 400 FSB, 1 gig RAM, 128 Mb PCI Express vid, sound I'm set on), and he thinks he can beat the price of what we did this weekend, guys. :thumbsup:

Also I showed him some of screenshots from PF..........he's now thinking about switching over to it from Battlefield 2. :lol:

So thanks :beer: to everybody who responded to my post about the problem last night. Hopefully I'll never have to do that again. :unsure:

What that guy that came around the other day?

Gee, I told him he had the wrong address.

Gave him yours and a nice sandwich to take on his trip.

Seemed like a nice fellow, a bit smelly, but nice. :unsure:

"Hello-- Ja-- Canaris?-- How's it hangink?--- JA? Guut-- Lizzen-- about zhat schtory in Maine-- zhe Eagle failed to krap- vhe vhill haf to go to plan B-- unt do not uze vhon uf zhe young gullible agentz zhiz time-- Ich zuggezt Helga mit garterz unt ein G schtring schould do zhe trick... "